232626 Bullies, 3887 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said.

Posted On:
    12/11/2007 5:09pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO, mma, jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys are very likely looking at one of the TOPS Knives below. Very like the Tom Brown designed tracker:

http://www.topsknives.com/product_in...products_id=13

http://www.topsknives.com/product_in...products_id=10
    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible, without surrender,
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even to the dull and ignorant;
    they too have their story.

-excerpt of the poem called "Desiderata," by Max Ehrman, 1927.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    12/11/2007 5:51pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JP
    You guys are very likely looking at one of the TOPS Knives below. Very like the Tom Brown designed tracker:

http://www.topsknives.com/product_in...products_id=13

http://www.topsknives.com/product_in...products_id=10
    You know something, you are right. Why didn't I see that before. I actually have a bunch of pictures of their knives saved to my hard drive and frequent their site. Interesting.

I would saw the Armageddon knife myself. Again, hopefully we'll see some clips of the knife in use so we can check out the blade. There is supposed to be a new trailer or RE5 with the RE: Extinction movie so hopefully we'll get more info.

Posted On:
    12/11/2007 8:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine
    You know something, you are right. Why didn't I see that before. I actually have a bunch of pictures of their knives saved to my hard drive and frequent their site. Interesting.

I would saw the Armageddon knife myself. Again, hopefully we'll see some clips of the knife in use so we can check out the blade. There is supposed to be a new trailer or RE5 with the RE: Extinction movie so hopefully we'll get more info.

Likely the only knives you're gonna pull up for Extinction are Kukris. Which feature prominently on the posters and the trailers. I missed the film though.

I really like Tops Knives, they have one of the most comfortable handle designs that I've felt. Whatever they do to their micarta makes it really grippy. Very nice. I think handles, for me anyway, are the most frequent deal-breaker when judging a knife's quality.

On another note, when is that game coming out because it looks amazing!
    and listen to others,

Posted On:
    12/11/2007 9:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Likely the only knives you're gonna pull up for Extinction are Kukris. Which feature prominently on the posters and the trailers. I missed the film though.

I really like Tops Knives, they have one of the most comfortable handle designs that I've felt. Whatever they do to their micarta makes it really grippy. Very nice. I think handles, for me anyway, are the most frequent deal-breaker when judging a knife's quality.

On another note, when is that game coming out because it looks amazing!
    Maybe I mis-phrased that in my original post. There is supposed to be a Resident Evil 5 trailer included in the DVD edition of Resident Evil Extinction. Hopefully in that trailer, they will show some shots of the blade that Chris is wearing.

Rumor is sometime in 2009. With RE4 basically relaunching their RE console series and bringing it back to the quality of the first couple of games, they will more then likely take their sweet time to make sure this game is just as awesome. But you never know, might come out just before Christmas 08 but if it does, then consider it a surprise more then anything else. I honestly have no problem waiting until it's at it's best. Just like we had to for RE4. If you haven't played RE4 and you have a Gamecube, PS2 or PS3 then I suggest playing it. It should hold you over for a little while at least.

Yeah, I've noticed that their handles seem to be very ergonomic and curved instead of straight; which I've learned recently is better for grip comfort and retention.

Posted On:
    12/11/2007 10:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Extreme closeup of the knife handle, tang, and sheath which gives some indication of the shape of the blade...some. It's large, but enjoy regardless:

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 2:12am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So after going through some Google image searches I found a partial image of the knife. It is from the official trailer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILuP43jcaXw

I took a screenshot of the trailer from minute 2:18. Although blurry, it does show more detail then what we had before. Here's the screenshot:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resident Evil 5 Knife 2.bmp 
Views:	148 
Size:	454.0 KB 
ID:	8653  

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 7:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Extreme closeup of the knife handle, tang, and sheath which gives some indication of the shape of the blade...some. It's large, but enjoy regardless:

Oops. I misread, you posted just fine. Deet dee dee!

Okay so thats certainly not a Tops knife.... I'm kinda stumped....off to explore the land of custom knife websites.

Not to be a douche, but what if those tools just made it up?
    and listen to others,

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 9:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oops. I misread, you posted just fine. Deet dee dee!

Okay so thats certainly not a Tops knife.... I'm kinda stumped....off to explore the land of custom knife websites.

Not to be a douche, but what if those tools just made it up?
    Hmmm, that would suck. Although, the level of detail in the knife and the blade suggests that it was based of something. It might be based off a couple of designs though. If it is made up then oh well. It was a nice little side project to work on. Plus, if it turns out to be a functional design, you can always have a custom knife maker forge one for you...the ones that are willing to that is.

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 10:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm, that would suck. Although, the level of detail in the knife and the blade suggests that it was based of something. It might be based off a couple of designs though. If it is made up then oh well. It was a nice little side project to work on. Plus, if it turns out to be a functional design, you can always have a custom knife maker forge one for you...the ones that are willing to that is.

That looks more like a grind job than a forge one. In which case, there are tons of custom makers out there that could hook you up.

Its actually bothering the **** out of me that I can't think of who that handle reminds me of. None of the custom sites are turning up ****.

It looks a lot like a larger version of some of Shane Sibert's knives, but with a micarta handle rather than the G10 scales he uses:

Also reminds me of the Felony Stop Swat model from Laci Szabo, who would be the guy to design that thing if you ever decided to have it made:

http://www.szaboinc.com/images/felony_stop002.jpg

Either way, its definetely not a machete, look at the bottom of the sheath, I'm going with clip point. But the shape is too drastic for a clip point or bowie shape, so I'm gonna say they're making this crap up and trying to give a hand-knife the shape of a middle eastern scimitar like this little overdeveloped beauty:

http://i.xanga.com/Dexargile/Dex%20Scimitar.jpg

or a falchion like this:

http://www.mwart.com/images/p/Functi..._M1470_826.jpg

Which I think was the traditional side-arm of poor german and french soldiers during the middle ages and pre-renaissance.

Mostly because the shape looks badass but is totally unsuitable for a fighting knife because you don't have the heft for a chopping weapon and its not going to have the best penetrative power with a tip like that.

And cause I just can't shut the **** up, the knife itself is too straight looking and too thin in the width to have much belly for slashing. I'm gussing its made up for based on some kind of art knife or "tactical" knife that doesn't really serve any purpose but to look scary as hell.
    Last edited by JP; 12/12/2007 10:25pm at .
    and listen to others,

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2008 11:52am

Style: kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey i know this is an old thread i brought it up in a search reference the tops felony stop knife.
    This knife in question from the handle in the picture is definately not a felony stop or a "custom" knife or even a tops.

It is certainly a mercworx probably the "sniper" model, the handle is definately the chili handle opption.
    Because you cant see the blade it could be a equatorian.

But for those who maybe interested it is mercworx.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast