Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    12/11/2007 11:02am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by melk
    As far as the sore throat thing, take it as you would any other bruise recieved in training.
    You mean whine, bitch, moan and complain? Because that's what I do.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2007 11:40am

Style: *********

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spirit of Christmas
    You mean whine, bitch, moan and complain? Because that's what I do.
    Whatever gets you through.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 5:28am

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    better less intensity in training than injuries... unless you don't have to work or function in the real world... in which case just go 100 percent to the death everytime... fags... lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 5:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AikiZenDragon
    better less intensity in training than injuries... unless you don't have to work or function in the real world... in which case just go 100 percent to the death everytime... fags... lol
    We're talking about a bruise you pansy not a broken bone or a torn ligament, just a bruise. If you train in any fight sport or self defense system and don't get bruised on a fairly regular basis, I have news for you: You're not training to fight, your training to get beat down!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 5:51am

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i am talking about any lvl of injury that makes your normal daily routine problematic... if you can't take phone calls because your throat is injured or you can't rotate your head to look up because your neck hurts then it probably needs to be toned down a notch... if you don't care and like that kind of stuff fine go for it, but respect your training partner...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 6:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AikiZenDragon
    i am talking about any lvl of injury that makes your normal daily routine problematic... if you can't take phone calls because your throat is injured or you can't rotate your head to look up because your neck hurts then it probably needs to be toned down a notch... if you don't care and like that kind of stuff fine go for it, but respect your training partner...
    I do respect my training partner. I make it as hard for him as possible in training so that should he ever need to rely on his training to save his life, he will have the greatest opportunity for survival. I take to heart the words of A.A. Kadochnikov in his manual on soldier preparation for comabat, " A soldier's worst day in training will be his best day in combat." I have found that, this simple axiom applies to both actual fighting, and competition fighting. So not prepairing my training partner for what could and probably will happen to him in the ring, or on the street(hopefully not) is what I would consider the highest form of disrespect.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 7:20am

Style: Shotokan, Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Throat's much better, thanks!

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 9:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    minor interjection.

Some years ago, I was uke for a student learning his Choke/Strangle kata (from Standing to Sitting to Lying Down) and being reasonably rufty-tufty, would never Tap. I just put up with it and nearly ended up spewing my lungs through my nose. I could have learned an easier lesson, still...I always Tap now.

The following day, I was at the dentist and had a Crown placed on my Back Molar. After some 45 mins in the Chair aimed backwards, I gagged. This surprised the dentist who asked me why, so I told her that I'm been Strangled and Choked about 100times the previous night and the Memory (discomfort and pain) were obviously still with me.

As said, I always tap now. For you, at least you know what it feels like so should have some understanding (and confidence) should you ever have to apply them.

BTW, I'm also assuming that you have learned the difference between a Strangle and a Choke? Since that should also have been part of your lesson.

Good Luck.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 9:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon
    minor interjection.

Some years ago, I was uke for a student learning his Choke/Strangle kata (from Standing to Sitting to Lying Down) and being reasonably rufty-tufty, would never Tap. I just put up with it and nearly ended up spewing my lungs through my nose. I could have learned an easier lesson, still...I always Tap now.
    A tapping partner is one thing. When practising escapes from chokes however, it has always been my practice to try to hold on and choke, or strangle, my partner, to make him tap, when doing the non-compliant part of training, and I want my partner to do the same to me. The reason is simple, I don't want to be in a match, get head hugged and not be able to get out of it on account of my partner having been too soft in training.

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 9:58am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "don't get put in a sleeper hold, because the next morning your butt will really hurt."

?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast