Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/22/2003 3:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Blad3
    K-1 isn't generally worked but there have been works, according to Cro Cop.
    If you're fighting CroCop in K-1 it might as well be a work.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/26/2003 2:32pm

Style: stand up,clinch,ground

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems some of the fights are worked but who can tell

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    11/26/2003 2:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *CroCop removes his leg to reveal that, in fact, all this time he's been wearing a hollow prosthetic*

*thunder and lightning boom*

*no one points out how odd it is that thunder and lightning occur at the same time*
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    11/26/2003 3:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i always thought the sapp crocop fight looked a bit ropey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 12:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    K-1 Looks Awsome, when is the next one? and where is it taking place?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 6:02pm

Style: Muay Thai/Muay Boran

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by workman43113
    probably some fights are worked but for the most part no ive seen some real barn burners its the elite of the elite strikers in the world
    Dont mean to sound like a dick but K-1 is not the elite of the elite in the striker world. It is a westernised Kickboxing event where the use of knees are allowed, you are not really allowed to clinch. It is regulated and the majority of fighters are kickboxing or using some Thaiboxing techniques...

....K-1 is far rom the elite of the elite.

In Thailand and Burma you will find highly tuned striking (I will say striking becaus ethats the primary method used to KO their opponent) fighters, this is an example of Burmese boxing : http://www.afs.f2s.com/1STFIGHT4.wmv usually there are no rounds and you fight till one dies or drops and cannot continue, the fists are bound with hemp, if you get knocked out you have the chance to come to and fight again. In Thailand they have fights like this in the North ofthe country and still practice what is known as Ling-Lom, in Burma they practice Naban, here are some ground grappling techniques that are taken from Naban and you can find something very similar withing the Thai fighting system :

http://www.afs.f2s.com/BITE1.wmv
    http://www.afs.f2s.com/Jawtoheal.wmv
    http://www.afs.f2s.com/shinsurf.wmv
    http://www.afs.f2s.com/NECKSLIDE.wmv
    http://www.afs.f2s.com/NECKSLIDE.wmv

obviously theres a whole library of ground fighting techniques in both fighting systems, both fighting systems are practically unheard of in the western world, and you also have very similar S.East Asian arts with the same brutality. They are not dead arts and are very much practiced in full contact competition today with a high fatality rate.

So why are we not seeing this in UFC or NHB??? well watch the clips, visit the countries and then come back and ask yourself is UFC and NHB really what its made out to be. I honestly believe in the western world we are blinded by promotion and craze, there are fighting systems that are totally being overlooked and if you watch closely the grappling system of Bando is in fact quite similar to BJJ but allows for biting and gouging, does NHB allow such moves? does UFC allow a continuous knock out and fight rule? do these no holds barred fights allow scraping and small joint manipulation while headbutting and kicking to groin?

ok, ask youself are you sure about how "no holds barred" mixed martial arts tournements are and then ask youself would you compete in a Lethwei fight knowing you have a chance of death?

strange huh? and this is no joke, you are probably asking why you never heard of this art. http://www.thaing.net/ thaing is Burmese system of combat.

I have always known the Thai arts which come under the term Pahuyuth were complete and totally overlooked. Muay Thai is only a handfull of techniques taken from what is the real Thai system of fighting. You will find it very difficult to train in these arts as they are not as common but in their countries they are vicously effective.

hope I opened a few eyes. sorta makes K-1 and UFC, NHB look kinda sane.

cheers

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 7:02pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, us westerners can't possibly understand anything except fights where both competitors leave alive and reasonably healthy.

X

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 2:29pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... I have posted most of those pages here before & let's stay withing the realms of reality. If you were some Burmese peasant who kicked ass like HELL in deathmatches, but has to work for ages to get even crappy rice to eat... -> If they are that good, get them in K1 / NHB!!!!!

- I doubt that many/most/any matches in Burma are won by biting etc, even if it is allowed. & people die in NORMAL boxing a lot too, esp in the Philippines... You get a lot more shots in the head in it than in any kind of kickboxing, or MMA...

I don't think the peasants would going to complain if oyu'd get them a deal, if you tell what kind of cash they'd get paid (even for losing...), unless you're the manager & steal all the cash...

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 3:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    K1 is tomorrow night isn't it? Dec. 6? Aerts is in it...Botha?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 3:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Punch & Kick

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    S. Anucha.

Thanks for the links! I thought the videos were very rare to come by.

As to how much better these people are though. I would have to disagree. The more brutal a competitive fight is, the shorter a fighter's career is. This limits the amount of experience and fine-tuning that we see in veterans of more "humane" sports. A lot of the K-1 champs are veterans, way beyond their prime fighting years yet beat the young guys down (Hoost, MacDonald, etc). In the more brutal sports, by 39, you're lucky to be able to train at all (or even be alive according to the information you presented). How good can someone get if he's blinded from eye-gouging after his first fight? Or crippled? His career is over just as it started.

As an athlete gets older, he doesn't get stronger, he learns to kick/punch/knee better. We see these more brutal sports in poor countries since this is one of the few ways to make good money and life is cheap. They don't get the scientific training regimens and modern medicine a K-1 athlete would get. I would argue that K-1 is the best of the best of striking. If anyone was better, they would come and collect the "easy" $400K USD award - biggest purse in the world. That would go a long way in a village. As for the weight class argument, K-1 MAX pays pretty nicely too for middleweights. The K-1 is the best and what they do.
    Punches in bunches and kicks kicks kicks!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast