Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/10/2007 4:30pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lyoto is possible one of the best counter strikers in the UFC game atm, my only criticism (and it's very minor) is that he always seems to go to decision.

That's not a terrible thing because the guy is constantly working his opponents brain throughout the entire match, I could only imagine a 3 round fight with that guy would feel like 5 rounds!

Chuck vs Wandy ... well we've wanted it for so long, too bad it didn't happen a few fights ago now, but better late then never. I'm going to back Chuck on this one, can't imagine him not training to the best of his ability for it.

And GSP / Hughes 3 ... if the second fight was anything to go by I think we'll see GSP take Hughes out again, that said we all thought he'd dominate Serra and Serra knocked him out!

I'm just hoping for a good fight on that one.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/10/2007 4:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by seanyseanybean
    Yoshida, Parysian.
    1. Got a controversial stoppage on Royce, then had the crap kicked out of him in the rematch. (I am aware the rematch was officially a draw due to the crazy no judges/no ref rules the Gracies themselves put up.)

2.Got beat up by BJJ blue belt Diego Sanchez.

And my counter thesis: BJ Penn.

But this probably isn't the thread for this discussion. And so I will move away from this topic:

I think Roger Huerta could beat Floyd Mayweather in MMA, what about you?

Posted On:
    12/10/2007 7:26pm

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is my favorite card in awhile. I'm not going to pick any of the fights, except to say that I expect Silva to put a hurtin' on Liddell. The matches I'm most excited to see:

Matt Hughes Vs. Georges St-Pierre
    Chuck Liddell Vs. Wanderlei Silva

Lyoto Machida Vs. Rameau Sokoudjou
    -- Machida is fascinating for his unorthodoxy, but often dull. Sokoudjou is a monster in the making.

(Two I'm hoping to download if they don't make the broadcast)

Jordan Radev Vs. Dean Lister
    -- Sub-grappler vs Olympic wrestler. What's not to love? So long as it doesn't turn into lay&pray...

Mark Bocek Vs. Doug Evans
    -- Mark trains with us fairly often. Super nice guy with serious BJJ skills. I'll be cheering for him.
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    12/10/2007 8:44pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6

No matter which fighter wins this fight we all lose, if Machida wins we'll get threads like see Shotokan karate is great, if Soduku wins we'll a threads saying Judo owns BJJ, and math puzzles are the strongest MA etc,
    Actually the reason we all lose is that Machida is more deserving of a title shot than Griffin (or Jardine). Too bad no one knows who the hell he is.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/15/2007 2:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff the Jocund
    Date Time: 12/29/2007 7pm PT / 10pm ET
    Event Type: PPV Live

Matt Hughes Vs. Georges St-Pierre - Interim UFC Welterweight Title Fight
    Chuck Liddell Vs. Wanderlei Silva
    Rich Clementi Vs. Melvin Guillard
    Sao Palelei Vs. Eddie Sanchez
    Luis Cane Vs. James Irvin
    Nate Mohr Vs. Manny Gamburyan
    Jordan Radev Vs. Dean Lister
    Roan Carneiro Vs. Tony DeSouza
    Mark Bocek Vs. Doug Evans

What fights do you guys want to see? Picks?
    GSP over Hughes by TKO rd.1 - GSP is in Hughes' head now, and has the ability to definitely defeat him. I predict seeing GSP hit him with some strikes early on before getting the takedown, working for position, and finishing Hughes from the top in the first.

Silva over Liddell by KO rd.2 - Everyone will come out swinging in the first, but action will calm down until the second. I see Silva using his knees to work over Liddell's body by coming in close, then drawing back when feasible. In the second he will punish Liddell with knees again, before catching with with a trademark wide hook late in the second.

Lyoto over Soko by UD - We don't know what kind of gas tank the African Assassin has. I think Machida will wear him down from the outside, keep it nice and safe, and not go to the ground at all. Machida will be his old boring ass as usual and come out with a safe decision win. If not, however, then it will be a Soko KO rd. 1.

Clementi over Guilliard by sub rd. 2 - Clementi has won most of his fights by submission. Guillard's losses are almost all by submission. Do the math.

Sanchez over can by TKO rd.1 - because who the **** is this guy anyway?

Cane over Irvin by TKO - Cane was involved in a no contest where he and Southworth were apparently thrown from the cage. Come on man, that's just dumb.

Manny over Mohr by sub rd. 2 - Manny is aggressive and nasty, and Mohr has really gay hair. I like how Manny looked in his fight against Nate Diaz until he destroyed his shoulder. If he can put pressure on Mohr he will win the fight easily.

Otherwise I think Lister, De Souza, and Evans will win out. Lister and De Souza are really good grapplers and Evans happens to be on the same side of the card so I'm going with him for the win. Science!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/26/2007 8:40am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Main card looks awesome! Can't wait to see it.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    12/26/2007 9:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This card looks relatively awesome. Relatively awesome.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    12/26/2007 9:50am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This card is one of the best that they've had in a while. I'm really psyched to see Sokoudju and Machida. I've got Soko picked to win. I know that he's not the favorite and Machida is an awesome fighter but so was Nog and Arona and Soko handed them their asses.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/26/2007 10:44am

Style: Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    1. Got a controversial stoppage on Royce, then had the crap kicked out of him in the rematch. (I am aware the rematch was officially a draw due to the crazy no judges/no ref rules the Gracies themselves put up.)

2.Got beat up by BJJ blue belt Diego Sanchez.

And my counter thesis: BJ Penn.

But this probably isn't the thread for this discussion. And so I will move away from this topic:

I think Roger Huerta could beat Floyd Mayweather in MMA, what about you?
    I dont know many BJJ blue belts who could go the distance with Marcelo Garcia.

Besides, you forgot to mention Karo's wins over Serra, Lytle, and Diaz.

Anyway....

Best card from the UFC in a while. Although I'm excited by GSP and Hughes, part of me wanted to see if Serra's win was more than a flash in the pan. I just hope that a promising card doesn't fizzle out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2007 1:33am

Style: sadness and tears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Soa Palelei - I'm gonna ride his nuts as he's a local MMA guy from here in sunny where the ****? Perth Western Australia, he's going to TKO dirty sanchez 2nd round.

Woo!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast