Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2007 5:36pm

Style: inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF is point contact kickboxing? Seriously, I know what you're saying but calling semi-contact "kickboxing" is bullshit in itself even though he's not the first.

Posted On:
    12/09/2007 5:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So this black belt is a BB in 'kickboxing'?
    Would this black belt mean **** all outside their gym?

Posted On:
    12/09/2007 5:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In a point contact kickboxing context yes. In any other meaningful way no, not at all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2007 5:45pm

Style: inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, as far as joe public is concerned that black belt is every bit as meaningful as a Judo or BJJ one. Actually it's probably on a par with your average sports karate or Taekwondo black belts as far as content and ability goes. He lists sport karate, kickboxing and Taekwondo as three separate arts, well they are but in his segment of the MA world there really isn't a lot of difference between them.

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't part of the "freestyle" movement that came out of sportive karate and taekwondo in the 1990s in UK. There were some ok things, it was after all a backlash against certain elements o bullshidoism, but sadly it embraced mcdojoism and started calling itself "kickboxing" which is a misrepresentation. 15 years on 99% of the freestyle movement are as bad if not worse than the traditionalist styles they rejected in the first place. Irony 101. And the loser is the innocent public.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2007 3:39pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fucking classic, I'm sorry it is. It's sad that people try to do this ****. It's bugs me. I would rather have someone take 8 to 10 years to reach 1st degree black belt level and really good, then someone take 2 years, and super shitty. It's a shame people can't past the money signs in their eyes for doing **** like this.

I guess he doesn't feel any shame for training someone who makes it to black belt but it sloppy and shitty then goes out in the street and gets their ass kicked or killed trying to do this stuff.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12