Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    12/13/2007 1:35pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fightin Penguin
    Hell, I would do the SAME THING that Huerta did. Being cheap rules!

When I wrestled, I manipulated the rules in my favor before. Once at JV districts, I wrestled a kid, and I kept crossfacing him (I basically clubbed his face over and over again. And it is perfectly legal!) and I busted the kid's nose. I apologized (I didn't want to hurt the kid) and the ref had to call blood time. So blood time was called on my opponent, but I got to relax too. My one coach was giving me encouragement, and I asked him how long do you get blood time in a match? He told me five minutes, and I asked him what happens if you run out of blood time. He told me you lose. So I had a smirk on my face, and I had a good idea. So throught the match, I clubbed his face, he kept bleeding, etc. Actually on a few occasions, I found blood on my arm (I was pretty drenched in his blood) and I told the ref about the blood on my arm, and I would point to my opponents face. He lost more blood time each time. At one point, I was fish-hooking his nose, he lost more blood time, but he got a point for it because fish-hooking is illegal. So I kept clubbing his face, he bled more, the ref stopped it, and I won. it was something, being drenched in another person's blood. When wrestling at a high school wrestling tournament, when you win, you are supposed to sign a paper at a table saying you won, and the people behind the table wouldn't even let me sign the paper, saying someone on my team would or did take care of it. The coach of my opponent wouldn't shake hands with me because of his kid's blood on me.

The moral of this story, take advantage of the rules!
    You didn't take advantage of the rules. You conciously cheated by clubbing your opponent with premeditation.

The blood time rule is for cases when you ACCIDENTALLY make your opponent bleed. First time was an accident, all the other times, it was with premeditation. Exploiting the rules is not the same as cheating.

And you didn't win, you cheated your way to the top. Yay to you.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2007 2:39pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Yeah, let's organize a parade with picket signs to get them changed. No, actually no, no changes please.
    YES! A PRIDE PARADE!

oh... uhm... yeah... never mind...

No rule-set is perfect, and this is the closest sanctioned MMA has gotten to a pure, unrestricted physical confrontation without soccer kicks and downward elbows to the spine or the back of the head. The moment people start considering revisiting the rules, it can actually **** things up.
    Maybe, but it's still my opinion. I'd personally prefer to watch unrestricted fights.

You are always going to have somebody exploiting the rules to his favor, and considering how the fight went during all the rounds, this is just cherry picking.
    How is it cherry picking? It was blatant as hell in this fight. I'd venture to say more blatant than any fight I've seen in the last 2 years. Only thing imho more annoying is the guys playing the 10 point must system scoring takedowns and laying there not doing anything to squeek out a decision.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2007 3:15pm

Style: ex-wrestler, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    You didn't take advantage of the rules. You conciously cheated by clubbing your opponent with premeditation.

The blood time rule is for cases when you ACCIDENTALLY make your opponent bleed. First time was an accident, all the other times, it was with premeditation. Exploiting the rules is not the same as cheating.

And you didn't win, you cheated your way to the top. Yay to you.
    But was it really cheating? The ref clearly saw me clubbing the poor kid's face, and didn't do anything about it until he bled. The only thing he enforced was when I fish-hooked the kid's nose, and he got a point for that. I didn't hide the fact that I clubbed the kid's face over and over again. Yes, the first time was truly an accident, but then I turned into a dick (as seanyseanybean called me) when I found out that you win when the opponent runs out of blood time (which is a total of five minutes. oh yeah, I had this planned out during the match).

But blood time rule is for when you bleed, period. It could be accident, intentional, a random occurence, etc. When there is blood that is visible to the ref, the ref has to call a time out for blood time. Even if I blatantly punch the kid in the face, and he bleeds, the ref has to call blood time. That is if I don't get DQ'ed. Actually, a kid that was on my wrestling team the year after (I didn't join the team the year after for whatever reasons) actually blatantly punched the kid in the face, and didn't get DQ'ed. His opponent might have gotten a point for it, but the ref still had to call blood time because the kid bled, simple as that. The kid on my team still won the match (he was one of the better wrestlers at our High school's wrestling team.) Even you have to admit I wasn't nearly a dick as the kid on my team. At least clubbing in the guise of crossfaces are in the realm of legal unlike a blatant PUNCH TO THE FACE! Even you have to admit that.

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    12/13/2007 3:20pm

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The point is, is that you didn't win by wrestling, you won by technicality. And on purpose. It's a hollow victory and utterly pointless.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    12/13/2007 3:23pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cross-facing is pretty much always done as clubbing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2007 11:18pm

Style: ex-wrestler, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    Cross-facing is pretty much always done as clubbing.
    Pretty much, yeah. yes, I did win on a technicality. Was it fair. Not at all. But you know what? It's still a win! And the happening of that match make a nice conversation piece!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789