Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 4:57pm

Style: Boxing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Winter Training

Winter is approaching, though England is hardly the Antartic it is usually miserable in terms of whether, and this is the time of year where the rain gives into fleet, frost and mist.

Unfortunately, I'm quite out of shape at the moment and really need to hit out the cardio, the only real option is running outside and I doubt the weather will allow me to do that much at the moment.

Any alternative in door training ideas? I don't really have that much equipment and shan't be able to visit the gym for a while and also wish to strength train so I don't want to do a ridiculous amount.

Is circuit training the answer? I've got a circuit written out somewhere that can be done inside.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 7:23pm

Style: Kickboxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Letum
    Winter is approaching, though England is hardly the Antartic it is usually miserable in terms of whether, and this is the time of year where the rain gives into fleet, frost and mist.

Unfortunately, I'm quite out of shape at the moment and really need to hit out the cardio, the only real option is running outside and I doubt the weather will allow me to do that much at the moment.

Any alternative in door training ideas? I don't really have that much equipment and shan't be able to visit the gym for a while and also wish to strength train so I don't want to do a ridiculous amount.

Is circuit training the answer? I've got a circuit written out somewhere that can be done inside.
    SKIP

Like you say, circuits would do. You could also skip for rounds (however long you fight for) with intermittent circuit-style exercises.

Heavy bagwork is wicked cardio too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 7:38pm

Style: Boxing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah yes skipping, I actually have a leather rope with weighted handles, so that will be cool. Bag is not currently set up though, I can't remember the exact circuit I've got but it goes something like: Squat, Press up variant, running on spot, jack knives, burpees etc etc.

Anybody offer a link to some circuits that involve body weight rather than tonnes of equipment?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 10:45pm

Style: PLUR

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do burpees till you puke. And then do some more.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 11:38pm

Style: default std

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bas Rutten MMA Workout. Do the All Around Fighting and All Around Workout CDs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2007 12:34am

Style: Proudly Shaolin Do.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the weather won't allow you to run outside, from snow I'm assuming, clear the snow, then run. If it just too cold...then get a coat.

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    12/01/2007 2:50am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by handoverfist
    This is good advice. Heed it.
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/01/2007 10:11am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh noes! Someone call the wahmbulance.

Where I am, today, it's at least -10°C with 10cm of snow on the ground. On my way to the gym this morning at 7AM, I saw at least two joggers.

Stop making excuses. Get outside and run.

Winter running tips.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2007 7:40pm

Style: Kickboxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by handoverfist
    Sound advice.

You could skip in rounds, something as follows:
    •2min Skip
    •25+ Burpees/Xseconds burpees
    •2min Skip
    •25+ Burpees/Xseconds burpees
    •ETC

Burpees are wicked. The single best conditioning exercise. Do them with a medicine ball and you'll be a pretty fit guy soon enough.

If you have a pullup bar you could also add pulls in. If you don't have one, go buy one 'cos they're like £10 and you can put them on a door frame.

•2min skip
    •10pulls, 10dips, 10crunches, 10burpees
    •2min skip
    •10pulls, 10dips, 10crunches, 10burpees

As mentioned above, buy a medicine ball and throw it at a wall or something. Then do burpees with it, then crunches, then bounce it, then throw it some more. BANG, you got your own circuit right there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2007 3:51pm

Style: MMA + Harmonica

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Start skiing. Buy a pair of crappy huge crosscountry skis and hit the trail.
    And if there's not enough snow to do that man up and go jogging you nancy :P

RE indoor training. Remember to ventilate the room. You might not notice it yourself but the room will quickly smell like hog ass if you get a good sweat worked on.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast