222267 Bullies, 3355 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 12:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyril
    Standard of service is not included in the contract
    I don't like to kick people when they're down, and I do have some sympathy... but dude, you fucking signed that!?!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 12:43am

Style: No-Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze
    I don't like to kick people when they're down, and I do have some sympathy... but dude, you fucking signed that!?!
    :XXbuzzsaw

Most contracts don't have a requirement to fulfil a satisfactory service or your money back, and with good reason. You can bilke practically anyone for your money back if you sign it. I've never seen a contract that says otherwise. It's part of the we can change **** at any time, so don't dispute with us clause, I'm sure.

Kick me while I'm down and slowly getting more and more infuriated. It helps the training.

What little I get on my own.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 12:58am

Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you sign another contract, you can add things to the contract, if they accept then the additions are just as binding as the part they put in. (Usual, I'm not a lawyer statement, Sam B could extrapolate).
    Basically, write in an escape clause, cancellation part and all that.
    I know it's too late for that first one, but if you hit another gym with a contract, read it carefully and add what you want. If they say no, hell with em.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 1:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DSL
    If you sign another contract, you can add things to the contract, if they accept then the additions are just as binding as the part they put in. (Usual, I'm not a lawyer statement, Sam B could extrapolate).
    Basically, write in an escape clause, cancellation part and all that.
    I know it's too late for that first one, but if you hit another gym with a contract, read it carefully and add what you want. If they say no, hell with em.
    Yeah, Knowredge is Powah. I'm thinking I'll just try and get in the good graces of the head instructor and see if I can change my contract any. Hopefully he'll see that, as a student and full time worker, I don't have as much time for TKD as I did when I signed the contract, and will allow me to change to one of the other plans availiable.

That's my plan right now. No matter what, I'm not resigning with this shard of evil stuck in the devil's ass.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 2:06am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tell them you think the training you have been receiving sucks, that you think no one can fight, and that you want out.

They will say no, but then they will try and make your life miserable with workouts and hard sparring with people who will try to beat your ass.

The thing they don't understand is that while that is punishment to them, that's what you're actually looking for...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 8:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    Tell them you think the training you have been receiving sucks, that you think no one can fight, and that you want out.

They will say no, but then they will try and make your life miserable with workouts and hard sparring with people who will try to beat your ass.

The thing they don't understand is that while that is punishment to them, that's what you're actually looking for...
    But I'll still be learning ATA TKD, and that's an abortion of an aborted fetus.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 5:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought you said ITA?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 6:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought you said ITA?
    They're essentially the same thing. Same curriculum, same pool of teachers, same crappy McDojo style.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 11:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A quick google (ITA ATA Taekwondo split) showed they split 25 years ago, I'm guessing different curriculum, different teachers, same McDojo ;p. I'm guessing they are about as close as ITF to WTF. Also depends on which Kwans the instructors are from.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 11:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A quick google (ITA ATA Taekwondo split) showed they split 25 years ago, I'm guessing different curriculum, different teachers, same McDojo ;p. I'm guessing they are about as close as ITF to WTF. Also depends on which Kwans the instructors are from.
    I was under the impression that WTF tkd focuses on the olympic sport and ITF focuses more on the Shotokan Karate-esque roots of the art.

If that is indeed the case, then no. ITA and ATA are essentially the same thing. The differences lying with the ATA having their own copywrighted forms set, and the ITA thus requiring different forms, probably gleaned from another institution. Essentially, though, the business practices and programs are run extremely similarly.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast