Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2007 11:34pm

Style: No-Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ATA anger, anyone?

It's been a while since I saw a THREAD about why the ATA sucks so hard. Firstly, I'd like to say that I am currently training at an ATA off-shoot, the ITA, which as Omega so kindly told me, is the only school he has seen worse than the ATA itself.

I want to find a way to appropriately loose some wrath on this awful, awful disgrace to the martial arts community, by saying this.

ATA is probably THE best at showing you what you never want a school to become.

Seriously, even the education system in Flordia (ranked in the bottom 10! Yeah, baby!) would be afraid of looking so weak and sickly as to promote everything with a pulse. My personal beef with the ATA lies its quality of instruction. A McDojang? Fine. An impractical skill-set? Fine. But having 13 year-olds teaching the other kids because the instructors are too lazy to do the work is where I draw the line.

My teachers in my current school are 4th and third degree Black belts (When the head instructor isn't teaching, 5th degree). That means they should be capable of beating the **** out of something beyond a disabled child, but it doesn't. I have to admit, some of the people in that class that have trained in other martial arts can go pretty hard, but that doesn't mean the instruction is good, it just means that they're willing to put forth effort. When you head instructor has to remind everyone that they're responsible for making a work-out good, and doesn't force you into actually working (pushing limits, etc), it's bullshit instruction.

After years of technique drilling dead techniques against a pad, I think all is lost in them.

tl;dr: Y h8 ATA

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2007 11:53pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why does this come across as lame trolling, oh yeah ;p.

It sounds like you didn't like the taste of "The ITA is worse than the ATA, and ATA is bottom of the barrel", so you point at the other one to have everyone laugh and forget the first?

In TKD/KMA thread, this is trolling.

In YMAS, this would be beating a dead horse.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 12:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DSL
    Why does this come across as lame trolling, oh yeah ;p.

It sounds like you didn't like the taste of "The ITA is worse than the ATA, and ATA is bottom of the barrel", so you point at the other one to have everyone laugh and forget the first?

In TKD/KMA thread, this is trolling.

In YMAS, this would be beating a dead horse.
    LAWL, ITA AND ATA ARE ESSENTIALLY THE SAME THING. Thus, by insulting one, you're insulting the other. I take the insults because I HATE MY FUCKING STYLE. Especially its reputation.

And you can't have enough hatred for the ATA. Ever.

You obviously haven't read how much I don't like my school. Otherwise you would know that there's a nice seething little lump of hate that's slowly eating away at my soul and making me more and more bitter about signing a fucking two year contract when there's a third degree BJJ blackbelt ten minutes from my house.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 12:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then leave. What the ****?

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 12:23am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah, the ITA is a splinter of the ATA and much worse and that's saying a lot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 12:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze
    Then leave. What the ****?
    Two year contract makes leaving very difficult.

Very.

I wouldn't mind the contract so much if the school was was better. I pay too much for it to be what it is, and I'm going to continue to have to pay that much, and it's going to continue to stink up the entire city.

WE HAVE A FUCKING TV COMMERCIAL NOW. WHAT THE ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 12:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Scrooged Me
    Nah, the ITA is a splinter of the ATA and much worse and that's saying a lot.
    Thank you, sir, may I have another, sir.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 12:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you sign a contract there has to be an expected level of service involved, which it sure as **** sounds like they're not meeting. There must be get out clauses.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 12:30am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, tell your instructor I think he's #1 (what do you mean that's the wrong finger?)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 12:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze
    If you sign a contract there has to be an expected level of service involved, which it sure as **** sounds like they're not meeting. There must be get out clauses.
    Yes. Move 25 miles from the place, serious injury that prevents you from EVER training MA again, something else that slips my mind. It's another really crappy one though, if I remember, and not something I can just drum up.

Standard of service is not included in the contract for a reason. There is no service.

I think a good finger to the instructor may get me kicked out, but I bet they'd still charge me somehow. Fucking pieces of **** tied to a pomeranian's ass I hate this.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast