Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 7:00pm

Style: ex-wrestler, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    As opposed to entire families who devote their careers to support the Olympic dreams of young gymnasts...

Sorry, your argument fails.
    Well, my comment was more tongue-in-cheek, but still.

And about fighters and athletes. Not all fighters are good athletes, and that is ok. I think some here should track down old Bruce Tegner books. And the adverse is even more true (not all athletes are good fighters). Just because you can throw and land a good punch doesn't mean you can be a triathlete or a sprinter, or shoot baskets, throw a good curveball, etc. And just because someone isn't ripped to the shreds with muscles doesn't mean they are not a good athlete or fighter. The adverse is EVEN MORE TRUE! Not all physical specimens are good athletes or fighters. I have seen muscular men and women being shitty in sports, especially combat sports. Hell, just because someone is/was a good football player doesn't mean they can fight. Just look at Johnnie Morton and Mark Gastineau. Hell, I think most football players are chickenshit compared to MMAists, boxers, pro wrestlers (yes, I said it! pro wrestlers!) etc.

Sorry if my post seemed all over the place.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 7:18pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is all over the place, and had nothing to do with contradicting anything I said.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 7:50pm

Style: ex-wrestler, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wasn't trying to contradict anything you said. Actually, my post was a continuation of what you said about Umphries being a better athlete than Chuck Liddell. I was just throwing in more angles.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678