Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

How do Chameleon Circuit?

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 2:32pm

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ever get your blood sugar tested? There's also a more accurate fasting test that can be done called the glucose tolerance test. Might not be a bad idea.

Dehydration can also be big factor in energy. There's some useful calculators and formulas out there.

0.5 ounces x Body Weight in Pounds = Daily Fluid Requirement in ounces

The other common way to calculate daily fluid needs is to base the fluid need on caloric intake. 1 milliliter of fluid for every calorie ingested. Converted to the household measurement of ounces, your body needs .034 ounces for every calorie that you ingest.

0.034 ounces x Daily Caloric Intake = Daily Fluid Requirement in ounces
    http://www.myfooddiary.com/resources...ter_intake.asp

This is a hydration calculator that factors in time of exercise and intensity;
    http://www.bottledwater.org/public/hydcal/input1.html

^According to this a 250 lb guy doing an hour of high-intensity exercise needs to drink 132 oz of water over the course of that day.

If your drinking stuff or taking supplements with caffeine or other diuretics and stimulants in them, you have to take that into account as well.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 2:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Fish Oil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandinha aka Anthony
    Sorry I forgot to put in what I take for supps.

1 Centrum advance formula
    Glucosamine HCI 1500mg
    Chondroitin Sulfate Sodium 1200mg
    2000mg of fish oil.

You MIGHT want to try large doses of BCAAs which are great for recovery.

You know I was quite surprised by how much more energy I had in grappling when I started taking creatine last year. It was really weird to me.

You are a big dude you should really up your consumption of all three kinds of fat. Polyunsaturated, monosaturated and saturated (probably the one you get the most of). Your joints and probably every cell in your body will thank you if you are getting more lipids in your diet.

Maybe check out Precision Nutrition for some good guidelines. The information in the audio cds is enough to get some easy to follow points that would probably help you out immensly.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    12/09/2007 3:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What everyone said

I have also had good results with this stuff for Greens and vitamins in my Shakes

Greens PLus

I notice a big difference in my energy when I don't take it

Skinnyweight

Posted On:
    12/09/2007 9:39pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are definitely eating too little. I weight 160 lbs and I'd be starving on that amount of calories.

Some things that helped me:

Glutamine + Vitamin C - 15-20g daily of the former, 2-3g of the latter.
    Not directly helpful for energy that I noticed, but it helped quite a bit with soreness which made training feel easier.

Small meal heavy in complex carbs 1 hr before working out. I use 1 serving of steel cut oats or whole wheat hot cereal, 1 Tbsp Smart Balance light, 1 tsp Sucanat (evaporated cane juice), 1/2 cup 1% milk.

High protein snack 30 min prior to workout w/ 1500mg Tyrosine and ~100mg caffeine. I used DeFranco bars but those are not available at the moment so I make a small shake w/ some black tea. I prefer the bars, but the shake is probably healthier. Works great for weights, not sure for other training as for me it's usually right after I wake up so I just eat my normal breakfast for that.

More fat, as was mentioned before. I actually have to up my fat intake as it gets colder here, I can tell when I'm not getting enough as I start to feel listless and get cold easily. Whole flax seeds are great, almonds or almond butter, olives, avacados/guacamole, and I also like Smart Balance.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123