Administrator

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 9:42am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Lack Of Energy In BJJ

It's really weird, somedays, I'll be totally find, do the class, roll 3 or more times with multiple partners.

Last night, I just felt blah. After doing technique with Jeffrey, just had zero energy to do anything. I have a feeling it's diet, and I'm looking at changing it to have the energy.

My diet is usually very simple.

Breakfast:
    5 egg whites
    Wheat toast
    Homefries

Lunch:
    Tuna Melt with tomoato
    Coleslaw

Snack:
    Protein Bar

Training

Dinner:
    Usually something heavy in protein.

Agreement that it's diet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 9:45am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm not sure if it's directly related to your lack of energy, but it looks like you could use more green leafy veggies and fiber in your diet.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 10:01am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: isshin ryu\Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how much caffeine do you intake? Is it possible that you crash on those days you feel blah?

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 10:12am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or maybe you're not getting enough caffeine. Go out and buy Fast Twitch and drink half of it 30 minutes before you roll and the rest between rounds.

It's like some magic Dragonball Z juice crap, seriously.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 10:54am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist
    i'm not sure if it's directly related to your lack of energy, but it looks like you could use more green leafy veggies and fiber in your diet.
    And glutamine, like, 5-10g daily. Not sure if that's the answer to your specific question, but at least, these additions (glutamine +greens + fiber) seem to fill a particular hole in your current diet.

Also, it seems to me like you are eating a bit too little. I may be wrong, though.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 11:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How often are you training? Overtraining can be a problem, even for hobbyists.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 11:09am

Style: n/a

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like you have a pretty low-carb diet which is good for weight/fat cutting but not great for performance.

The only immediately available enegry for cells in human body is glucose and the most accessible enegry storage is glycogen. If you do not get enough carbs in your diet your body needs to go to less accessible sources like proteins and fat.

Try a granola bar or two before workout.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 11:10am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fruits and veggies are your friends.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 11:16am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Drgon
    Looks like you have a pretty low-carb diet which is good for weight/fat cutting but not great for performance.

The only immediately available enegry for cells in human body is glucose and the most accessible enegry storage is glycogen. If you do not get enough carbs in your diet your body needs to go to less accessible sources like proteins and fat.

Try a granola bar or two before workout.
    or make sure that protein bar that you have for a snack is one that has plenty of carbs.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 11:39am

supporting member
     Style: Fish Oil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandinha aka Anthony
    Agreement that it's diet?
    Don't you weigh like 250?

Your calories are probably uber low for any activity level beyond couch.

Also you have almost no fats in your diet. BLAGH!! Healthy fats are important!
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast