Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2007 3:07am

Style: Wrestling, bjj, judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dislocated toes

Okay its only one toe, but if fucking hurt.
    here's the story, I was rolling during open mat right after class, I swept/rolled out of halfguard(I don't remember exactly how, vicodin does funny stuff to your head and I probably wouldn't remember anyway) and I stuck my foot out to post when I landed, and when it did land I suddenly couldn't feel my toe anymore. So I tried grappling a bit longer(a few seconds), then realized I still couldn't feel my toe, so I tapped and sat to look at my toe. It was sticking straight up and at about a 45 angle to one side, oh yeah and blue. the guy I was rolling with came up and said 'hey what happened I didn't have you in... ****, that isn't good'

my instructor came over and gave me an ice pack and told me I'd have to go to a hospital. this is about the time it started to hurt, not bad though on a scale of 1(no pain) to 10(Kill me now) this was maybe 2-3, so one of the guys drove me to a hospital and was telling me about how they would pull on it for about 5sec and it would pop right back into place. we couldn't find the hospital at first, but drove around a little and got there.

While in the emergency room it started throbbing, and hurting worse, at this point is at a 3, so eventually (like 45 min after I dislocated the toe) the start taking care of me, whats the first thing they do? take x-rays, which show that nothing is broken but really isn't where its supposed to be. so then they give me 2 shots to numb up my foot (which don't work very well by the way they mostly just make my foot feel like a balloon) then wait 10 minutes for the shots to work(they never do)

after ten minutes (this is about 1hr 15min after I dislocated the toe) the doctor comes back in and as the guy who brought me there holds my leg, the doc starts yanking on my toe, nothing happens, ok no I lied something happened IT FUCKING HURT LIKE HELL, but the toe didn't move, so they got an orderly to come in and also hold my leg, and he started pulling again, well this time it hurt worse than anything I can remember and it moved... but not much, it was still dislocated, and when he stopped pulling, it DIDN'T STOP HURTING this is about 8(and I have a very high pain tolerence).

So he tells me what probably happened is when I dislocated my toe I tore a bunch of ligaments and one or more of them got stuck in the gap where my toe is supposed to be and so it will require surgery to put it back. at this point one of my freinds arrives and the guy who brought me there leaves. The doctor gives me some vicodin and tells me to show up at the office of this othepedic surgeon at 8 in the morning, the surgeon will pull on my toe again(I can't wait) and if he can't get it back I will have to have surgery(more fun). So my freind drives me home, and is going to drive me to the orthepedist in the morning.

So now I have no more vicodin(and this **** HURTS, even with the vicodin I doubt I'll be able to sleep) what I got at the hospital will wear off at 6 and the pharmacies don't open til 8 when I will be at the doctor anyway.
    So my questions, if the surgeon manages to pull my toe back into place how long will I have to lay off it?
    and if he can't pull it back into place and has to operate how long is that going to take for me to heal?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2007 7:43am

Style: Getting mounted

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Christ, that sounds miserable. Sorry, man.

A few weeks ago, this one brown belt at my school dislocated his toe in a gap between the mats, popped it back in while still on the mat, taped it up, and kept rolling. Over the past couple of weeks, the amount of tape on his foot has gradually increased to the point where now it's like his foot is mummified.

I'm glad you're seeing a doctor. Good luck.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2007 11:52am

Style: Wrestling, bjj, judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well I don't need surgery, the othopedist put my toe in a traction thing and gave me several shots with a hell of a lot of fluid in my foot, then managed to pop it back into place, he says i'll be out for about 3 weeks, I hate missing time. but its better than if I'd needed to be cut up.

you might want to get that brown belt to a doctor, if it hasn't healed after a few weeks there is probably something wrong with the ligaments in his foot