Kids these days, fucking lazy asses.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 4:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    accidental knockout in any MA kinda makes me giggle. I don't know why but that term just seems a bit odd in context?
    Uh, not very well worded on my part. Knockouts do happen in semi-contact fighting here, mostly because of lack of control on one side and lack of evasion/blocking skills on the other. The guy (or gal) getting knocked out "wins" the match because the other fighter gets disqualified, then the next match the "winner" would have gone on to fight is won by walkover by their next opponent.

Of course, the "loser" can go on to say they're teh d34dly.

The national sporting association has instituted an A and B division of the semi-contact fighting, based on tournament experience. In the A class you can pretty much whack your opponent as much as you want and are able to so long as you don't knock them completely out, whereas in the B class you have to restrain yourself more.

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 10:31am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Scrooged Me
    And I'm sad you don't understand the differance between me taking pity on you versus me being pissed off.
    Aww dont be sad. Do you want a silk hankerchief? It will match your CMA pajamas!

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 11:31am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Van
    Aww dont be sad. Do you want a silk hankerchief? It will match your CMA pajamas!
    Pretty brave words from a guy who has to put "learned patty cake" as a martial skill on their resume. Also realize I have rank in TKD so I probably have more right than you to be on this thread considering I learned at least a sembelance of skill of my TKD experiance.

See kid the issue here is the BS that is the ATA. Instead of addressing the problem you're attacking me. Why is that? Because you can't really vouce for the manure that they try to teach? Because you're ashamed to say I'm right?

You want to try to attack my "emotions", as they were, and see if you can zing me go ahead and try. Truthfully they only show a lack of intellegence and wisdom on your part. You lost any credibility when you did any form of vouching from that Mcdojo chain.

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 1:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pretty brave words from a guy who has to put "learned patty cake" as a martial skill on their resume. Also realize I have rank in TKD so I probably have more right than you to be on this thread considering I learned at least a sembelance of skill of my TKD experiance.

See kid the issue here is the BS that is the ATA. Instead of addressing the problem you're attacking me. Why is that? Because you can't really vouce for the manure that they try to teach? Because you're ashamed to say I'm right?

You want to try to attack my "emotions", as they were, and see if you can zing me go ahead and try. Truthfully they only show a lack of intellegence and wisdom on your part. You lost any credibility when you did any form of vouching from that Mcdojo chain.
    Lets sit through this together and break this down. This may take a moment but I am sure we will have a much better understanding of eachother once this is done.

You mock me for at one point in my life training in TKD. I was 12 years old. Then you go on to state that you yourself have what you call 'rank in TKD'. Irony, my friend, is not something your mother does to your wrinkled clothes.

You then go off to spout about having more right than me to be on this thread considering the skill you learned from your TKD experance. I never argued anyones 'right' to be on this thread, only my displeasure at somone trolling the thread with one liners that offer zero content to a thread that was up to said point, pleasant to read. As far as the 'skill' you learned from your experience this is more irony on your part. Didnt you call it patty cake? Is that what you learned? Please.

I didnt attack you to defend ATA. I attacked you for a lame one line troll coment on a decent thread. If you found me at some point 'vouching' for ATA please qoute me on it. I have vouched for some skills from TKD in particular but never had anyhting to say about ATA, or ITC for that matter, as a whole.

I agree that there is BS in the ATA, as do people who actualy practice TKD. However one line zingers do nothing but a diservace to not only this thread, but to anyone who may want to hear your opinion on WHY ATA sucks and not your troll bait.

Try to shed light on the subject, not cast a shadow.

Also, the fact that you get 'internet tough guy' on me, calling me 'kid' says alot in itself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 1:28pm

Style: BJJ - SBGi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by torbjork
    Uh, not very well worded on my part. Knockouts do happen in semi-contact fighting here, mostly because of lack of control on one side and lack of evasion/blocking skills on the other. The guy (or gal) getting knocked out "wins" the match because the other fighter gets disqualified, then the next match the "winner" would have gone on to fight is won by walkover by their next opponent.

Of course, the "loser" can go on to say they're teh d34dly.

The national sporting association has instituted an A and B division of the semi-contact fighting, based on tournament experience. In the A class you can pretty much whack your opponent as much as you want and are able to so long as you don't knock them completely out, whereas in the B class you have to restrain yourself more.
    my point was that your objective is to fight.... and I guess rules are there to prevent people from.... ya know what.... TKD is a sport so I need to just let it go. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 1:30pm

Style: BJJ - SBGi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

OMEGA!!!!! thats right bitch... I'm callin you out.... ROCK PAPER SCIZORZ! NOW!!!!!!

fyi.... Omega makes a good point, one wich you are trying to turn into an argument instead of understanding what he is saying.

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 1:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizilds
    OMEGA!!!!! thats right bitch... I'm callin you out.... ROCK PAPER SCIZORZ! NOW!!!!!!

fyi.... Omega makes a good point, one wich you are trying to turn into an argument instead of understanding what he is saying.
    I am sure Omega apreciates having his own cheerleader on this thread.

I understand what he is saying when he says 'just a fyi ATA sucks monkey balls' but what I dont see is his point. I just wish people would either elaborate and add content or keep there trolling to themself and jus read the bloody thread.

This is just my opinion. A opinion that I explained and laid out clearly. Its not to hard to do.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 1:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizilds
    ... TKD is a sport so I need to just let it go. :)
    Well, the competitions are , anyway. You can say that about any physical contest involving a set of rules, so it's not that meaningful. Judo is also a sport, as is pro boxing and darts (honest!).

I will say that based on what I see online and by visiting several dojangs, a bunch of schools, maybe even the majority in the US, don't offer anything worthwhile even in the sporting aspect of taekwondo. It's certainly not a "fighting art" judging by the way it's marketed and instructed in many schools. That, however, doesn't mean it can't be a good fighting art, it all depends on who your instructor is and how you train. Anyway I'm pretty sure there's at least one thread somewhere discussing this issue at considerable length...

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 1:46pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not all TKD was created equal. Please keep that in mind.
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast