Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 10:55am

Style: TKD, wrestling, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodland
    Lucky you:qleft3:

I've just found out about a MMA club 30 minutes from my home, but I still have the frikkin TKD contract........I e-mailed the guys who were in charge of the contracts in my organization and asked when my contract expired, guy didn't answer....... He answered on a lot of irrelevant crap, but not my main question...... So I might not be able to do MMA because of the TKD contract........... I hate you out of envy
    Do you not have a copy of the contract that you signed?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 11:19am

Style: BJJ, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Art
    Do you not have a copy of the contract that you signed?
    Nope....... The contract needed a signature and had to be given to the instructor, and I didn't get a copy of the contract ( probably since I'm 17, 16 at the time, and the instructor didn't see the need to give me a copy)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 11:54am

Style: No-Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope....... The contract needed a signature and had to be given to the instructor, and I didn't get a copy of the contract ( probably since I'm 17, 16 at the time, and the instructor didn't see the need to give me a copy)
    You should be able to get a copy of your contract, or at the very least, anything you sign you should always have a copy. Request to see your contract. GoldenJonas here on the boards is a good contractual lawyer, he can probably help you out. Most contracts are 1 to 2 years in TKD because they want to suck your money dry. There should be escape clauses. Ask your teacher for a copy of the contract you signed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 12:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyril
    You should be able to get a copy of your contract, or at the very least, anything you sign you should always have a copy. Request to see your contract. GoldenJonas here on the boards is a good contractual lawyer, he can probably help you out. Most contracts are 1 to 2 years in TKD because they want to suck your money dry. There should be escape clauses. Ask your teacher for a copy of the contract you signed.
    Ok, I'll just send him an e-mail, and ask him if he can send me a copy of my contract. Thanks dudes, but I still hate you out of envy, Cyril. I don't think I need a lawyer, it's within my rights to have a copy, right? If he doesn't have a copy of the contract, he could at least send me a copy of an unsigned contract+ the date when I joined

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 12:14pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You signed a contract at 16? Did your parents sign it also?
    You aren't able to enter into legally binding contracts under the age of 18 in the USA as I recall, though consult an actual lawyer for legal advice, not some internet nutjob. You might be able to just cancel the payments and walk away from it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 12:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    You signed a contract at 16? Did your parents sign it also?
    You aren't able to enter into legally binding contracts under the age of 18 in the USA as I recall, though consult an actual lawyer for legal advice, not some internet nutjob. You might be able to just cancel the payments and walk away from it.
    Dude, of course my parents signed it, even though Norway is filled with idiots, they know they'd get a major law suit if they let a 16 year old sign.... Ah well I'll send the e-mail to my instructor now...... And I'm gonna send a new e-mail to the org, asking specifically for WHEN my contract goes out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 11:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    W00T!
    I HAVE UNTILL NEXT MONTH TO CANCEL MY CONTRACT!
    The financial people from the org gave me the date, and my instructor is mailing the contract tommorrow ( has to scan it in)....
    I feel a little bad, dunno why.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 1:23pm

Style: No-Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    W00T!
    I HAVE UNTILL NEXT MONTH TO CANCEL MY CONTRACT!
    The financial people from the org gave me the date, and my instructor is mailing the contract tommorrow ( has to scan it in)....
    I feel a little bad, dunno why.
    That's awesome! I felt bad about leaving my Dojang too, but I realize that they were the ones giving me **** training. I obviously needed to get somewhere else if I wanted to learn. The bad feeling is a part of the marketing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 1:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyril
    That's awesome! I felt bad about leaving my Dojang too, but I realize that they were the ones giving me **** training. I obviously needed to get somewhere else if I wanted to learn. The bad feeling is a part of the marketing.
    I'm gonna cancel my contract on monday.... I could just e-mail the instructors, but I just feel like I should tell them face to face that I'm quitting. Also, two hours before the financial people e-mailed, I promised the head instructor to come and train, and I never break a promise :BangHead:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/27/2008 1:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I started TKD I didn't know jack about martial arts. I joined my dojang in 1996 because the notion of taking classes from an Olympic gold medalist was irresistable (my master won gold in 1992; TKD was a demonstration sport). Plus, I wanted an activity my whole family could do together. TKD was (and is) great for that.
    TKD has given me some much-needed self-confidence. I've been pushed to my physical breaking point many, many times...and prevailed. I've trained through the usual litany of bruises, sprains, etc. I have friendships that will last forever. And yes, I can defend myself. I don't go looking for trouble; I'm a middle-aged suburban white guy that doesn't drink (how much trouble could I get in?), but I'd be able to stand up if there was trouble. Maybe I'd win a fight, maybe I'd lose, but I know I'd get a good piece of whoever started it.
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 243031323334 35 LastLast