Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    1/31/2008 6:42am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BogsieMugsie
    Boohoohoo. Nice rant again. Did I get your blood pressure up? Pissed off you were way down my list? But if you fly over here, I can give you what you are looking for. As for the badass part... leave that title to Omega.
    Nope, my blood pressure is just fine. As I recall, YOU are the one dropping challenges and getting riled up. LOL at some loser like you crying because he realises he is an all talkk asshat bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by crybaby
    I don't care if you're fighting off no less than 3 BJJ guys right now. However, if you're fighting them simultaneously and not sequentially (one at a time) then I'll reconsider my stance and will admit that you owned me on this one. If not, suck your own dick you hypocritical ******!
    You dont have to admit it, I already know I pwned your stupid ass. Go to MAP. Maybe you wont look like such a tool there.

You still didnt answer my question.
    Where are the WTF Opens going to be held this year? I can wait.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    1/31/2008 7:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    Does the Amellar Corp know you are fucking around on their computers?

How was high school in Melipita? Its a beautiful state.

Hello?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 5:05am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Does the Amellar Corp know you are fucking around on their computers?
    I'm surprised you have such fine Internet research skills. I'm giving you an A for that. However, I am no longer connected with Amellar Corp. since January 2004. Officially, it is no longer operating as Amellar Corp since January 2007 according to some GOCC records. I am a shareholder in the said corporation and contributed a great part in its growth from a 4-person, one bedroom operation raking in some Php 500 Thousand a year to a 200 employee corporation raking in some Php 150 Million a year. Quite small by U.S. standards but modestly phenomenal by Philippine standards prior to the upsurge in the BPO business.

I use my own computer and when I'm out of town, surf the internet cafes or use hotel wifis such as in the San Juan Surf resort in La Union Province.

It was Amellar Corp's rapid expansion and the great responsibility that came with managing its most profitable division that turned me from a martial arts nut into a sedentary office executive for roughly about 9 years during the company's stint as Wolfen Computing Group, Pinnacle Solutions, Amellar Solutions then Amellar Corporation.

After resigning in 2004, one of my kids pulled out a knife on his bro and that made me realize the lost time that I failed to give to my children. So I started training them on knife disarms (to level the playing field) and several other martial arts techniques then I enrolled them in TKD so they can have many opportunities for fighting.

Since then, my kids no longer quarrel or threaten each other with weapons because they have realized how easy it is to kill their loved ones with the right skill. Through MA, they have also learned the future implications of the word 'regret.' Likewise, they have learned the meaning of 'love' among siblings. They no longer physically fight too since they have learned the meaning of getting hurt and they're physically exhausted most of the time.

2. How was high school in Melipita? Its a beautiful state.
    Better check out Edna's School. One of the better private schools in Dagupan City Pangasinan. I'm not sure if the records of their yearly intelligence and scholastic aptitude tests are still around. I have already provided you a snapshot of my high school and I think getting into so much biographical details might make this MA forum look like a gossip forum since I only started studying martial arts in college. I went to the University of the Philippines for 3-and-a-half years then went AWOL due to some fraternity troubles then transferred to the AMA Computer University. Satisfied?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 5:44am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

About Our Fight

Oldman34.

1. You haven't sent those Bullshido waivers yet on my email address so we can mutually agree on something and formalize it.

2. Since Mr. Browning is concerned about his fighters' safety (mentioning the need for a referee among other concerns) and you wanted a one-on-one sport fight with groundfighting (so you can release your anger, beat your chest and say to the world at large that you have owned BogsieMugsie--the braggart, moron, and ***** in a martial arts duel) while I wanted to see how you'll fare out in a simulated self-defense situation to prove that all-around martial artists should consider improvised weapons use and weapons defense to be able to defend themselves in the real world, against criminals who are likely to attack you with a bladed weapon or a gun and in numbers, why don't you consider the following points:

2.1 For safety, I'll use an improvised nunchaku but instead of the padlock tied with the bandana, I'm going to use an over-ripe tomato wrapped in the bandana. If I hit your head, nape, or spine first, I score a point.

2.2 For safety, I'll also use my yawara sticks with the improvised nunchaku. But instead of a hard object, I'll use a ten-page newspaper, roll it and dip its ends in ink. If I hit any of your vital parts first, which can be easily determined with the ink markings, I score a point. I'll not be hitting your throat or carotid arteries for safety reasons. You can use a white groin cup or a white body armor, if you like.

2.3 Since we have both taken TKD, anybody who succeeds with a knockdown due to an arm or leg strike scores a point. Anybody who scores an 8-count knockout automatically wins the fight.

2.4 Since you have more fighting opportunities for the groundfight while mine is quite limited, I say every time you take me down, you score a point. Any of those scores are as good as a tap out or submission since I will not be able to put up an intelligent defense anyway due to the reason previously cited.

2.5 Let's make this a best of seven attempts. If you score 3 successions in a row, you win. If I score that way, I win. The first to score 4 points automatically wins.

3. Let's mutually agree on the fight contract and waiver contents first before we agree on a definite date and place.

4. If you win, you will have owned BogsieMugsie and taught him a lesson in humility and not messing up with a badass MA bully. If I win, you will concede that improvised weapons should be part of the all-around martial artists' repertoire of techniques to be able to defend themselves or save someone else's life in an actual self-defense situation.

What do you think?

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 6:17am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any further discussion of this will be done on this thread only.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65558

I have replied to you on it.

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 4:03am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: yongmudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is my first post, but I'm appalled that in reading page after page of all this "my martial art could kick your martial art's ass" and "TKD sucks because you could never submit someone with a single kick", nobody else has thought of this or said it.

I have a simple and irrefutable reason for doing and loving TKD:

It's fun.

You guys are trying a little too hard with all this talk of whose martial art is more bad-ass or who would prevail in a hypothetical fight that has never happened.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 6:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by perrymecium
    This is my first post, but I'm appalled that in reading page after page of all this "my martial art could kick your martial art's ass" and "TKD sucks because you could never submit someone with a single kick", nobody else has thought of this or said it.

It's fun.

You guys are trying a little too hard with all this talk of whose martial art is more bad-ass or who would prevail in a hypothetical fight that has never happened.

I have often said that I take TKD because it is fun.

As for the "my MA is more awesomerest than yours...." well if you are talking about this thread only, the you must realise that here at Bulshido, its put up or shut up. You cant say things like "I carry a lock on my belt loop and a hanky in my back pocket so I can make an inprovised weapon." and expect it to go over well. There are gaping holes in that logic.
    If you drop challenges for a fight, many here will call you on it. Thats the beauty of this site. You cant just come in here and run your mouth. Dont talk about how awesome your training is and then get all huffy and butt hurt when someone points out the flaws in it.

The sites general attitude towards MA's like TKD is because it (TKD) has become known for its crappy training methodology ( a phrase you will hear often here).
    Any art trained properly is as good as any other art. TKD is as good as MT, MT just has a better reputation for its , here we go again, training methodology.

Now we get to the hypothetical fight thing.
    Most of us take MA's for SD purposes. Thats what they were intended for. Nothing wrong with doing it as a sport, in a certain ruleset (say WTF TKD), just dont think that what you are doing has much (if any) SD applications.
    If you are taking MA's for SD reasons then how you train is important.

Take your time, read more of the site and understand what goes on here. DOnt take **** personal. Enjoy it.

Welcome to Bullshido.

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 4:13am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: yongmudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a couple questions about this. First off is the blurred distinction between martial arts and sports. Clearly TKD is not a self-defense art, and anybody who tells you otherwise is either naive or an idiot. TKD competition is an Olympic sport precisely because it bears as little resemblance to real fighting as wrestling, judo, archery, boxing or ski shooting.

I am wondering if anybody prominent in the TKD community has ever made the proclamation that TKD is a street martial art or capable of defeating any other one. In my experience, most TKD fighters know or quickly learn that they are helpless outside of the rules of their game. Then again, professionals in contact-avoidance sports like basketball are equally helpless in a fight, as you might have seen in the pathetic display of punching during the Pacers-Piston fight. These physical specimens could not beat fat drunken slobs into submission (though they were from Detroit, beatings and riots are just another Tuesday).

I guess in a discussion about martial arts, I equate it to a discussion about athleticism and fitness. Like whether "the fittest man alive" (usually a supermarathon runner) would beat your run of the mill decathlete or gymnast at any of their events or even measure of traditional fitness like the vertical leap.

Here's something that would be interesting. Someone should test martial artists at a variety of levels (professional, amateur elite, novices, etc.) and see if there's a distinction to be made. In my mind, athletic fitness is made up of track and field events, gymnastics, and swimming. In the context of MMA and the UFC or even the upcoming Olympics, someone might also measure to see how much superior technique could really overcome superior fitness.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 7:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a couple questions about this. First off is the blurred distinction between martial arts and sports. Clearly TKD is not a self-defense art, and anybody who tells you otherwise is either naive or an idiot. TKD competition is an Olympic sport precisely because it bears as little resemblance to real fighting as wrestling, judo, archery, boxing or ski shooting.
    You couldnt be more wrong. There is a difference between Olympic TKD, and the various other styles of TKD.
    Whats ski shooting?

I am wondering if anybody prominent in the TKD community has ever made the proclamation that TKD is a street martial art or capable of defeating any other one. In my experience, most TKD fighters know or quickly learn that they are helpless outside of the rules of their game. Then again, professionals in contact-avoidance sports like basketball are equally helpless in a fight, as you might have seen in the pathetic display of punching during the Pacers-Piston fight. These physical specimens could not beat fat drunken slobs into submission (though they were from Detroit, beatings and riots are just another Tuesday).
    Again, you couldnt be more wrong. TKD can be effective when taught with the proper training methodology.

I guess in a discussion about martial arts, I equate it to a discussion about athleticism and fitness. Like whether "the fittest man alive" (usually a supermarathon runner) would beat your run of the mill decathlete or gymnast at any of their events or even measure of traditional fitness like the vertical leap.

Here's something that would be interesting. Someone should test martial artists at a variety of levels (professional, amateur elite, novices, etc.) and see if there's a distinction to be made. In my mind, athletic fitness is made up of track and field events, gymnastics, and swimming. In the context of MMA and the UFC or even the upcoming Olympics, someone might also measure to see how much superior technique could really overcome superior fitness.
    A good BJJ guy will dominate a track runner. There ya go. Study completed.
    Maybe you should read some before you post. You just painted an art (TKD) with one great big brush.
    Obviously you know very little about TKD other than what you have seen on TV. I take TKD, and I dont do Olympic sparring.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 10:00am

Style: TKD, wrestling, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I take TKD, and I dont do Olympic sparring.
    BLASPHEMER!!!

It's fun.

I fully appreciate your reason for doing TKD. In fact that is typically the first thing I let people know when I coach them. If you aren't having fun then don't do it, there's ballet down the street and I'll even buy you the pink tutu nancy . . . . okay I don't send them to ballet, but you get my point.

The posts leading up to yours was less about style vs. style than getting a douche to put up or shut up. I don't think anyone here would claim that TKD isn't a great art. I've been doing it long enough now to know the strengths and limitations of training in it as have many other members.

Yes there is a distinction. In the kukkiwon/wtf system (I can't speak for others as I have no experience) TKD is traditionally split into four seperate areas: Forms, sparring, breaking and self defense. The sparring is typically of the olympic variety; however the remaining three could be considered more of the "martial art". That in itself is a fairly wide brush as it doesn't really describe the training in each distinction, but the distinction is there. The evidence is how many people actually train to compete? How many people actually compete? In my experience less that 5% (random small number) of people actually have goals to compete in TKD when they get into a dojang.

I am wondering if anybody prominent in the TKD community has ever made the proclamation that TKD is a street martial art or capable of defeating any other one.
    Sure they have, mostly as marketing strategies.

When you talk in terms of fitness you better be getting your definitions of fit clear. Typically as studies go the most fit athletes are cross country skiers. Their VO2 max is unbelievably high, their strength vs weight ration is through the roof and their lactate tolerance and threshhold is incredible. Not to take away from other athletes but I don't think it is possible to compare as goals are different. IE) An elite sprinter in my mind is a super athlete as well and would have good crossover into combat sports; however, without technique the fitness is useless. Superior technique will generally always negate superior fitness, in any sport.

PS: Ski shooting

:tongue5: