Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 10:48pm

Style: Sub-wrestling, mostly...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm getting my fat ass back in shape with a skipping rope/other such things after a year of sitting on my ass. I use to skip a lot when I took kung fu and was actually in pretty decent shape mostly due to sprints, bag work and skipping.

What I usually cycle between is skipping on both feet, alternating skipping on one foot two to five times (I'm too heavy to skip on one foot for more than ten or more times now like I use to), skipping on one foot then the other and something I started tonight: knees to chest once after every five skips.

I'll have to try the double unders some time soon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2007 2:05am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how much do you weigh? im worried about you having too much pressure on the knees and such

here, we start class exactly right after the previous class and thats after they do their conditioning, and they leave the mats SWEATY as ****, especially those hard core no shirt wearing guys, all the room gets taken and i am left with a sweaty effin spot to skip on which i almost slipped on a couple of times. and on pad work and bag work i actually put too much spin on my pivot foot and slipped because of that.
    Last edited by Purpleskunk; 12/09/2007 2:09am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2007 2:49am

Style: Sub-wrestling, mostly...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I'm not clinically obese or anything if that's what you mean. I'm 210 5'7", nothing to worry about. Back when I worked out often I teetered between 180 and 190 pounds, and it's amazing how an extra 20-30 pounds can make you feel.

Posted On:
    12/13/2007 8:57am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    skipping rope is nice. You can do two flips-one jump as an additional exercise, or the 30 sec high knee sprint. I like those ones. i'd stretch your calves too if you're going to do for long intervals. sucks to get a pinch there 5 mins in or something.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123