Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 2:34am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Porfilio

What I find ironic about Ralph is how he has helped some folks like Tommy at the same time he has alienated so many others. I believe Ralph is aware of his own flaws to at least some degree. I don't believe he is able -perhaps "willing " is a better word- to overcome his own flaws. Now I have read on this forum recently that Ralph has driven Tommy away and that's a shame. I know Tommy got a lot out of his relation with Ralph in a personal growth sense. However, this may be the best thing for Tommy ultimately, as he can move along and find the great big world of legitimate budo out there, perhaps starting with Elmar, who is a real nice guy with a level head on his shoulders. Anyone still in the area who can get to Tommy might consider suggesting a trip East for a day to meet Elmar. I bet he and Tommy would get along.

Posted On:
    3/03/2009 4:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In Erie, Master Durant is a bit of a legend. Ralph Porfillio was my instructor's instructor. He and John Barton has a falling out a few years prior to my studing Goshin Do.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/03/2009 11:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev Man View Post
    In Erie, Master Durant is a bit of a legend. Ralph Porfillio was my instructor's instructor. He and John Barton has a falling out a few years prior to my studing Goshin Do.
    Um, Durant wasn't a "master" of anything or anyone. He was a fraud, a liar and a scammer, who never earned any higher rank than green belt. He then promoted himself to black belt and proceeded to lie and scam people for decades.

Let's save titles like "legend" and "master" for people who actually deserve those accolades, shall we?

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    3/04/2009 10:35am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My .02 cents...

To my understaning Go shinjutsu means "self-defense." Kodokan Go Shinjutsu would be "Self-defense system of the Kodokan." I do not think it would stand on its own.

John Saylor's Shingitai Jujitsu was first called "Shingitai Goshinjitsu." It makes more sense the second way, but, due in large part to what you are reading here, it was changed.

I was part of the founding team when USJA created a "jujitsu" program. Many of us felt it should be called "USJA Goshinjutsu" rather than "USJA Jujitsu." I was very interested in having a solid program of that nature. It went in another direction, but I continue to teach it as "goshinjutsu."

However, there is one core thing I have learned in all my years of training. When they insist on using all those fancy titles... they are full of ****.

Posted On:
    3/04/2009 1:08pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    My .02 cents...

To my understaning Go shinjutsu means "self-defense." Kodokan Go Shinjutsu would be "Self-defense system of the Kodokan." I do not think it would stand on its own.

John Saylor's Shingitai Jujitsu was first called "Shingitai Goshinjitsu." It makes more sense the second way, but, due in large part to what you are reading here, it was changed.

I was part of the founding team when USJA created a "jujitsu" program. Many of us felt it should be called "USJA Goshinjutsu" rather than "USJA Jujitsu." I was very interested in having a solid program of that nature. It went in another direction, but I continue to teach it as "goshinjutsu."

However, there is one core thing I have learned in all my years of training. When they insist on using all those fancy titles... they are full of ****.
    Hard and fast rules like the last paragraph are invaluable as they let people know whether they should even explore a claim or not. It is true BTW!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/18/2009 11:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goshin Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

So You Want Some Goshin Jutsu

Only the good Bring your best to Erie Pa.
    All you have to show up. You will find the truth.
    RE: Ask for Melton T. Or Tramp, If not SHUT UP PUNK!!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/18/2009 11:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Um, Durant wasn't a "master" of anything or anyone. He was a fraud, a liar and a scammer, who never earned any higher rank than green belt. He then promoted himself to black belt and proceeded to lie and scam people for decades.

Let's save titles like "legend" and "master" for people who actually deserve those accolades, shall we?
    YOU are a Fool!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2009 1:41am

Style: JuShinDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Curious a Goshin Jitsu school in Murray (salt lake) Utah, starting up at Shin Dojo. Claims to be coming from some dude by the name of, "Stephen Capela, Jr., 10th Dan." and Jose Otero (unknown rank). and Jaqueline Barco, supposedly a "karate teacher," and one of the rudest women I have ever had the pleasure to not meet, from her e-mail communication style. This is their website: www.defendwithhonor.com
    Anybody know anything about them, supposedly out of Pennsylvania. Anyone game to pay them a visit? ;o) 814-547-3860

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/24/2009 7:48am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slowmo9 View Post
    YOU are a Fool!!!
    Just come to Erie We DON'T hide behind a computer,and we are not hard to find!

Posted On:
    6/24/2009 8:20am

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You do realise you've just called yourself out there don't you?
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast