Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2009 11:29pm

Style: JuShinDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

who's got waza?

Well, after some judo and wado, I joined kyokushin-kai, and after six months, I entered the tournament, thought I might lose the kumite, but might be able to win a trophy on one of the kata. Well, I took first place, two by "knockout," and the rest by decision. This was in my young 20s, then about ten more years of kyokushin, a year of ashihara, and a year of enshin, then a few more years of aikido, a few of judo, and a few years of WKA. And now, the basic art of JuShinDo (blended Sabaki karate and Judo).

Of course, I am an older man, a few broken bones, and an injured knee, later. :XXjester:

But I can still box, my atemi waza is still good enough, and my katami waza is much improved, but my nage waza is probably my weak point, so best is to grab me by the gi, and throw me around a little bit. That is just a suggestion if you want to know the best way to beat me!

Posted On:
    7/04/2009 3:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Freestyle Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I studied Goshin Jitsu for 6 years gaining a black belt in it. The teacher told us that Goshin meant all styles and that Goshin Jitsu was the first type of Ju Jitsu. Which was clearly a load of bollocks. What we where taught was Judo with some Ju Jitsu thrown in what the teacher picked up from books. I done a little investigation after i left and found the guy had a black belt in Judo and nothing else, and of course i then found out that goshin jutsu is a Judo kata.
    I felt quite pissed off but i did enjoy most of my training and the amount of Judo training we recieved alowwed me to go back into Judo and get a dan grade really quickly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2009 4:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

sounds good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by AV_Metal View Post
    I studied Goshin Jitsu for 6 years gaining a black belt in it. The teacher told us that Goshin meant all styles and that Goshin Jitsu was the first type of Ju Jitsu. Which was clearly a load of bollocks. What we where taught was Judo with some Ju Jitsu thrown in what the teacher picked up from books. I done a little investigation after i left and found the guy had a black belt in Judo and nothing else, and of course i then found out that goshin jutsu is a Judo kata.
    I felt quite pissed off but i did enjoy most of my training and the amount of Judo training we recieved alowwed me to go back into Judo and get a dan grade really quickly.
    Well, at least you got some judo out of the deal! :toothy2:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/19/2009 2:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goshin Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Extinct View Post
    And yet another one:
    http://goshindairyu.cwcreate.com/

This one claims:
    The late Grandmaster Gerard Durant brought the Goshin Jutsu Kyo Jujo system from Japan under the permission of Headmaster Murakami. Upon the death of Headmaster Murakami, Grandmaster G. Durant, holding the rank of Eighth Dan, was the highest ranked Black Belt Master of the Goshin Jutsu Yudanshakai. In 1974, after the passing of Headmaster Murakami, Master Gerard Durant was promoted to the rank of Soke, 10th Degree Red Belt by the Goshin Jutsu Yudanshakai.

Again with the "being promoted by his own students" silliness. And more of the tired old "studied in Japan" lies. Hint to students of this dojo: There was no such person as "Murakami" who taught Durant anything. That is a proven fact.

10th degree "red belt"?? Red belt? That's a new one.

More fake "grandmasters" and "sokes". They're comin' outta the woodwork!
    What the mater did he knock out your dad Are the shadow clown from Erie?

Posted On:
    8/27/2009 6:04am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sport Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slowmo9 View Post
    What the mater did he knock out your dad Are the shadow clown from Erie?

Larry,

Is that you?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 6:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goshin Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterBS69 View Post
    Larry,

Is that you?
    No just one of Tramps & Mats black belts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2009 6:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

got friends?

okay, no longer a newbie!? huh? face it, you folk, I don't know much about this blog stuff, right now, I am looking at all this stuff, I have heard of twitter, but...? Not even sure if I got any friends, here...!? looking around?:new_smile

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 2:11pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Realizing im opening myself up for a verbal flogging on here but I took from Porfilio for quite some time and never heard half of these stories..But then maybe I just wasn't listening to anything that didn't invole instruction. Last I heard Ralph left town and Tom was teaching,but apparently that has changed now as well. oh well..if anyone knows of a good school in the triad area let me know.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 2:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lots of good school here in Salt Lake, Will on state st. is supposed to be pretty good, and there are some MMA schools that are fairly good, one is owned by an asshole (no comments), and there are some others, also a muay thai school (no ideas on that one), and Musokai in Murray, he took from Joko Ninomiya, and is basically Kyokushin blended with Okinawan (he calls himself the Okinawan karate do school), my own teacher took from the Musokai guy, Kiyoshi Arkikaki (Kiyoshi is his name, not his title), I think he goes by Kancho right now, claiming to be seventh degree, but he has been around for a long time, and produce some awesome full contact fighters including some that were fairly well known in Japan, and also in the Sabaki Challenge. Anyway, I don't even know what the "triad area," is, but I figured if I didn't blog sumtin, then I would go back to newbie status! he ha!

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 3:42pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL That would be Greensboro,High Point,Winston North Carolina
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 111213 LastLast