Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Fig Newtons are fruit and cake, suckah.

Posted On:
    10/11/2002 10:46am

supporting member
     Style: Buffalo Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are two Krav Maga schools here in Vegas. One seems totally dedicated to Krav Maga called Close Combat Systems, while the other one is run by a local chain of Tae Kwan Do schools that seem to make the most out of their empty Dojo time. CCS has a webpage up http://www.contactcombatsystems.com/index.html with the "professor" showing off some techniques. I like laughing at the one where he's getting out of the sleeper hold that's not even applied right.

"But some apes they gotta go, so we kill the ones we don't know" - 'Ape shall never kill Ape' by The Vandals
    Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2002 12:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Ki Chuan Do/Close Combat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have visited a couple Krav Maga classes in NYC. Although the self-defense portion of the classes looked like it would be useful, a lot of the remainder of class was spent doing sparring that looked quite a bit like Karate - not bad stuff, but certainly nothing special or unique. My own personal feeling was that while this type of sparring may have many benefits, it would not be what I would expect to see in a system which markets itself primarily on "combat effectiveness".
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12