Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Infidel

Posted On:
    4/06/2009 3:57pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, why?
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2009 9:42pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greetings.

O nvm

IMO if you are active military you can get a military/LEO priced Glock from a certified Glock dealer (or whatever they are called) in your area. Would be like a police supply shop most likely. Don't know what Glocks go for around you, but around here active military can get them for under $400 before tax.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2009 2:56pm

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knave View Post
    Greetings.

O nvm

IMO if you are active military you can get a military/LEO priced Glock from a certified Glock dealer (or whatever they are called) in your area. Would be like a police supply shop most likely. Don't know what Glocks go for around you, but around here active military can get them for under $400 before tax.

Yup. Less expensive, and they come with three non-restricted magazines, instead of the regular two.

The civilian Glock boxes have the white label, the military / LEO ones have the blue label.

Infidel

Posted On:
    7/18/2010 10:25am

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Put some skateboard grippy tape on my .45. I haven't shot it yet with the addition. It feels a lot better than wooden grips and it looks good. Just have some question from anyone who's done this before.

To prevent the sides from curling I tried to make as few right angles as possible, keeping it as flat as possible.
    I noticed some of the corners are still cropping up a little (but over all it's sticking well). I just took scissors and cut down some of the excess on the sides.

Does the skateboard grippy stuff make a mess of whatever you stuck it to when you pull it off?
    How does it react to extreme heat or cold? Will the tape loose cohesion easily or is it pretty good for sticking?
    What about lots of use, if you're shooting a lot do you need to put new tape on fairly often?
    And lastly, is there different kinds of the grippy tape? Like different levels of coarseness or sticking strength?

Old grips

New

I'm also might take it a gunsmith and get weaver rails either cut into it or a whole rail just drilled into the bottom of the frame. It might look too weird though since it's a fairly slender gun. Thinking of just saving up for this bad boy.

Hi-capacity STI Edge

Last edited by vigilus; 7/18/2010 10:44am at .
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456