Sponsored Links Spacer Image

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    12/02/2007 2:35am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They look like they will rip the **** out of your hands and forearms.

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    12/02/2007 8:20am

supporting member
     Style: Starting Over... Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    They look like they will rip the **** out of your hands and forearms.
    they are not so bad.. but the handle thing does need some work on the padding.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/02/2007 8:55am

supporting member
     Style: age&treachery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    billy, can you provide a sense of scale, in any sense of scale?

i'm WAY too proud of that sentence.
    Hmm.

Rough recollection: like 14"Wx14"Hx5"D? Like a big honkin Wilma Flintstone purse.

Though I've never (knowingly) hefted any chordite, my impression was that it would probably weigh somewhere between 40-60 lbs.

EDIT: Having taken a closer look at the full-size photo, there's a fair amount of wide-angle distortion. Which is probably coloring my memory of the size: it actually may be smaller.

UPDATE: Yes, quite a bit!

9 7/8 x 7 3/4 x 1 3/4

Their photo is much better:

Last edited by billy sol hurok; 12/02/2007 10:27am at .

Posted On:
    12/02/2007 11:25am

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jaysus, Billy, that thing is fantastic. I've been planning on restarting my shuai jiao exercises using kettlebells. Any other CMA fags out there try that yet?
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    12/02/2007 1:40pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****, this is the best home-made-stuff thread we have had in a while. I see those concrete puppies and I think "farmer walks"!!!

Antifa, did you consider using metal pipes instead of the rebar? And based on the experience you got from this experiment, what recommendations could give for facilitating the bending and molding of the rebar handles?

Thanks.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    12/02/2007 9:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Starting Over... Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Holy ****, this is the best home-made-stuff thread we have had in a while. I see those concrete puppies and I think "farmer walks"!!!
    thanks... considering we did this 6 months ago and finally posted about it because we finally dumped the camera...

Antifa, did you consider using metal pipes instead of the rebar?
    not until reading this... I guess I'd have to get a conduit bender... which is a fairly spendy tool that I dont otherwise use....this was done entirely with tools I already had and as much scrap lumber as I could get.

the problem with that is this... a thicker handle would have to be set deeper into the cemment to hold other wise it will pull out like a failed experiment we had.

So pipe would only work for the larger models... there should at least 2" of cemment holding them in.

And based on the experience you got from this experiment, what recommendations could give for facilitating the bending and molding of the rebar handles?

Thanks.
    I used this little rig to do it. 2 trim clamps, 2 blocks... it wasnt easy for the 65 lbs ones

the handle comes out shaped like this:

_
    _l l_

it takes some doing but not too much. ultimately... if you cant bend the rebar you dont need the weights yet.

cuttting the rebar was acheived by standard methods

anyway in a few months I'll be cranking out something else so I'll have a "How do Make Mook Jong" thread. I'll be making one thats for Mantis people as opposed to JKD or _ing _un

Posted On:
    12/02/2007 9:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahhh I see. When I referred to using pipes, I wansn't really thinking about bending it, but using pipes and elbows to form a shape like this:

__
    _| |_

-- EDIT --

****, apparently the page I linked in geocities exceeded its data transfer limit. Wimp ass geocities. I'm removing the link and the pics until I get a chance to archive that somewhere else.

.ie. these dudes have been playing with metal pipes as handles

Now, by the author's own admission, those handles may not be good anything heavy, but I wonder if pipes and elbows shaped as in stick figure above could work as handles buried in concrete.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 12/02/2007 10:08pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    12/02/2007 9:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Antifa, did you consider using metal pipes instead of the rebar? And based on the experience you got from this experiment, what recommendations could give for facilitating the bending and molding of the rebar handles?

Thanks.
    If you want homemade farmer walks, why not use these instead?

http://www.straighttothebar.com/2007...walk_bars.html

taken from here

http://www.straighttothebar.com/2007...ade_equip.html
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Posted On:
    12/02/2007 10:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a good idea, too. But I'm thinking those concrete locks are shaped in a way that makes them versatile for exercises that cannot be done with those (.ie. swings). OTH, a concrete/stone lock has a fixed weight, a limitation that those homemade farmer walks do not have. :eusa_thin

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    12/02/2007 10:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They're also a lot larger and more awkward, and resemble farmer walks implements moreso than stone locks.

I'm also more in favor of the $1 kettlebells myself, but that's because I'm lazy.

Not to discredit to work of antifa, because that was a seriously cool project, I just think that this idea of "low tech/high effect" gets a little too ridiculous sometimes =P
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast