Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2007 2:19am

Style: Fiore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Looking for accounts of Dojo-Storming in the 1960s-1970s

I'm just trying to find more instances of Dojo-storming in those respective decades.

I already know about the Count Dante story. It's interesting how much I see his name mentioned.

Why am I looking it up?

Just for my own curiousity, no other reason

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    12/01/2007 7:03pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kinda slow out there in Iowa this time of year, huh?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2007 7:54pm

Style: inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember when in the fall of 1973 George Dillman, who was only a 1st dan back then, stormed into the Gracie dojo in what was then China town, De Janeiro.

All the Chinese and Japanese were in Rio at that time peddling watered down karate and Judo and whatnot, and the Brazilians were lapping it up!. The Gracies were just starting to learn Aikido but they've since created some fake history and called it their own lol.

I can remember it as clear as day, George in his pristine elvis gi, he had real hair then, walking through the door of the gym and shouting "You have rolled upon the grave of my masterz, now you must die a slow death for 20 years". He pointed at straight at Carlos and said, I remember this clearly, "your mother was a Rore, now we fight to the death, no rules". Carlos didn't believe in sparring and was like "sorry dude, why don't we just talk on the internet or something?" but George wasn't having any of that, so they rolled.

Carlos was winning but then George used his Dim Mak by tapping Carlos on the arm. Now Carlos knew **** all about delayed death Dim Mak so he thought George was submitting, so he let him go. of course both maintained that they'd won, George by death delayed Dim Mak and Carlos by tap-out. But history shows George won as Carlos died almost 20 years to that very day. Damn Dim Mak.
    Last edited by The Badger; 12/01/2007 8:01pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2007 8:06pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Badger is winning life

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2007 8:07pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a Wing Chun school in my town who's teacher told me straight faced that before any of his students learn the wooden dummy form they have to go to another martial arts school and challenge the teacher there or his students.

I should have pressed him further on this really, as there are loads of larptastic martial arts clubs where I live, most of which would rather call the cops than take on some random chun weirdo and the other one is the submission wrestling place who I think would collectively shrug their shoulders before doing something painful to them.

Then again, I think the odd chun teacher may have been bullshitting, he only had four students anyway, so if he was telling the truth was probably picking on the Aikido class down the road.
    Last edited by ty5; 12/01/2007 8:10pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2007 8:21pm

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ty5
    There is a Wing Chun school in my town who's teacher told me straight faced that before any of his students learn the wooden dummy form they have to go to another martial arts school and challenge the teacher there or his students.

I should have pressed him further on this really, as there are loads of larptastic martial arts clubs where I live, most of which would rather call the cops than take on some random chun weirdo and the other one is the submission wrestling place who I think would collectively shrug their shoulders before doing something painful to them.

Then again, I think the odd chun teacher may have been bullshitting, he only had four students anyway, so if he was telling the truth was probably picking on the Aikido class down the road.
    Funny reminds me of a chun school around here that said they challenged other schools.
    Usually a Tae Kwon Do school or this other "Shaolin Kung Fu Kickboxing school" and won.

Posted On:
    12/01/2007 9:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    12/01/2007 10:27pm

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A krotty school of some kind moved in downstairs from us around '77. My father took me down with him to investigate, with the idea of signing me up if he liked what he saw. He asked the instructor -- who had many trophies for point karate fighting -- to beat him up to demonstrate the effectiveness of his art.

They squared off. Instructor threw a high roundhouse. Dad caught it, picked him up, smashed him headfirst into a wall. "Wanna try again?" He didn't. We left. I learnt boxing instead.
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Posted On:
    12/02/2007 12:05pm

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jackrusher
    A krotty school of some kind moved in downstairs from us around '77. My father took me down with him to investigate, with the idea of signing me up if he liked what he saw. He asked the instructor -- who had many trophies for point karate fighting -- to beat him up to demonstrate the effectiveness of his art.

They squared off. Instructor threw a high roundhouse. Dad caught it, picked him up, smashed him headfirst into a wall. "Wanna try again?" He didn't. We left. I learnt boxing instead.
    Suprised instructor did not have one of his students fight the guy just to see what guy could do.