Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 5:34pm

Style: Boxing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by syberia
    I take this to mean you have a grudge against heavybags and pads?

But still... Thats why i like taking them. Hitting things is enjoyable and if you do martial arts no-one tells you off, like they do at schools. And in pubs.
    Hell yes, fucking teases. Also it depends where you're drinking I guess, I've seen some horrid pubs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 5:34pm

Style: Justice/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because 5.56 and .45 are getting too fucking expensive.

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 5:40pm

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mainly for excercise. Oh, and getting kicked in the head and making their face bleed.

But mainly for excercise.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 5:42pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    give me something to do

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 5:43pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kekekeke
    I have so far lived a pretty boring life. Recently I joined MT and found that I love it. Why? Because I feel alive. I love hitting and getting hit. The pain, and the relief. I will go up against anyone even though I know I will get knocked the **** out. Maybe I am just a violent person.
    Or maybe you are a competitive male.

I can't say I train MA since I'm always on and off, but I like the challenge that it places upon myself. It's not as much about competing or measuring myself against others, but about "how far can I go"? Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of competing or measuring myself with others, but I'm more interested on what I can achieve and learn in MA for me and for me alone.

I also think that every male should have at least some understanding of what fighting really is (I said understanding, not proficiency, certainly not to achieve Couturesque's levels.)

Also, I like the people who train MA (so far, the people I've met in Judo and BJJ/MMA or the people I've known that compete or have competed in TKD or boxing.) They are interesting. They are not a bunch of hipster bovines.

My interest was rekindled about 3 years ago after spending 6 years in Salsa dancing (and a lot more in the gym while lifting.) In both scenes, most people are just bovine, simple minded, ruminating, predicably bovine. That's the only adjective I can think of when I try to describe them. Nothing "up there", just show, just looks, just pretend.

In circles where people beat the crap out of each other, most people who do it as a hobby don't tend to be so (big mega-ass generalization, but that's been my experience with them.)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 5:53pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Letum
    Hell yes, fucking teases. Also it depends where you're drinking I guess, I've seen some horrid pubs.

Well my friends always seem to want to go dancing and there aren't many good places to dance that have regular brawls breaking out. It's a bit boring really. I miss my old pub back up home. This one time one of the drunk idiots bit the bouncer (for some reason i didn't see), turned into an all out beat up...

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 7:24pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://dogbrothers.com/wrapper.php?file=tao.htm
    This is the best "why" summary I've come across.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 7:41pm

Style: Boxing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by syberia
    Well my friends always seem to want to go dancing and there aren't many good places to dance that have regular brawls breaking out. It's a bit boring really. I miss my old pub back up home. This one time one of the drunk idiots bit the bouncer (for some reason i didn't see), turned into an all out beat up...
    Lol I love Austrailians, I hate to generalise but I have yet to meet an Aussie who didn't like drinking and fighting, surely it's all an act designed to fool people from other countries into not invading?

:qtank: (Yay, finally a context, however flimsy, to use this emoticon)

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 7:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone with whom I study is learning taijiquan as he hopes to one day run seminars teaching CEOs and other such corporate leaders the principles of softness and yielding. (Have I mentioned that he's the worst student in the class?)

Me, I just want to track down and kill those same CEOs with my bare hands immediately after the other guy's seminar lets out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 7:46pm

Style: Kickboxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because I like to fight. Kickboxing made me get into less fights when I was younger. I'm a pretty aggressive person and it helps to keep my lid on (I have a legal outlet for it).

And Judo's been a part of my life since I was really small, so I don't know with that :)
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast