Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 9:58am

Style: Fencing, Sword play, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ar549
    Wootz came from India, so did Buddhism and eventually Islam passed through which migrated into the Philippine Islands by way of Ache and if you want to say China brought it, Admiral ZhengHe was a Muslim too. The forging of steel came with the Muslims as did most of all things concerning swords and swordsmanship including the tough reputation of the Filipinos which is really the reputation earned by the Moro's who fought and later befriended the American troops in and around Mindanao. The problem lies in the fact that many of the American FMA people hate Muslims as do the later Spanish/Negrito Christians who have made the most money off FMA in America as a business. Never mind the fact that Lapu Lapu the Filipino Hero credited with killing Magellan was a Muslim nor the fact the majority of the celebrated swords were all Moro, as in Mindanao, as in created by Muslims, as in the technology came from Muslims who brought it by sea from India where there were many skilled Swordsmiths, never mind any of that since it does not further the FMA cause and is a great sore spot with many in the FMA crowd not the least of which is poidogs hero, marc denny of dog brothers.
    What nonsense!

1) Damascus =/= Steel. In fact it is a proper subset. You claimed no steel in the Phillipines.

2) Steel was around hundreds of year before Mohamad was born.

3) No one in their right mind doubts that muslim culture made significant advancments in many fields, one of which being warfare.

4) The reason no Phillipino fighter talks about this stuff is that it's not relevant. I don't talk about Aristotle when I tutor people in logic, and I certainly don't talk about paganism.

5) What difference does it
    Quote Originally Posted by ar549
    Wootz came from India, so did Buddhism and eventually Islam passed through which migrated into the Philippine Islands by way of Ache and if you want to say China brought it, Admiral ZhengHe was a Muslim too. The forging of steel came with the Muslims as did most of all things concerning swords and swordsmanship including the tough reputation of the Filipinos which is really the reputation earned by the Moro's who fought and later befriended the American troops in and around Mindanao. The problem lies in the fact that many of the American FMA people hate Muslims as do the later Spanish/Negrito Christians who have made the most money off FMA in America as a business. Never mind the fact that Lapu Lapu the Filipino Hero credited with killing Magellan was a Muslim nor the fact the majority of the celebrated swords were all Moro, as in Mindanao, as in created by Muslims, as in the technology came from Muslims who brought it by sea from India where there were many skilled Swordsmiths, never mind any of that since it does not further the FMA cause and is a great sore spot with many in the FMA crowd not the least of which is poidogs hero, marc denny of dog brothers.
    What nonsense!

1) Damascus =/= Steel. In fact it is a proper subset. You claimed no steel in the Phillipines.

2) Steel was around hundreds of year before Mohamad was born.

3) No one in their right mind doubts that muslim culture made significant advancments in many fields, one of which being warfare.

4) The reason no Phillipino fighter talks about this stuff is that it's not relevant. I don't talk about Aristotle when I tutor people in logic, and I certainly don't talk about paganism.

5) What difference does it make where steel came from? What does that have to do with a) the OP, or b) a previous point made about the OP?
    make where steel came from? What does that have to do with a) the OP, or b) a previous point made about the OP?

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 10:06am

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The historical roots of the FMA is a valid and interesting subject, but has more or less NOTHING TO DO with the subject of this thread. Splitting off the orgins posts into their own thread and putting it up in either the martial arts history or FMA forum would probably make sense.

Banned for failing to live up to the standards he expected of others and wasting more time on calling out forum military members' credentials than he spent in his own military career.

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 11:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bulldogging

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dave Humm! Nobody Gives A **** About You OR Your Fucked Up Typing!

You Are A Chickenshit Who Challenged Me To A Fight, Then You Did Not Have The Balls To Sign A Standard Fight Contract!

You're Already Home,
    Stay There Bitch!
    Last edited by ar549; 12/02/2007 11:26pm at .

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 12:25am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seems they're on to your bullshit derailing nonsense, bryan. And no, being a "stick kid" does not make me an expert on all things Filipino. But I am of filipino ethnicity and have studied the history of the Philippines at length. What makes you an expert on the Philippines? Because you think you're a muslim? Please stop derailing this thread, pig fucker, and go away since you obviously have nothing of value to add. Now, back to our show...

EDIT: The relevant part of this post has been moved back to the orignial thread.
    Last edited by poidog; 11/30/2007 1:00pm at .
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 12:35am

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

AR 549 - Discuss your crazy MA history theory here.

Hey AR549.

This is me.

Calling you out.

I'm Filipino, Studied FMA, FMA history and am well read Phillippine history in general
    I'm also familiar with world history on a academic/university level.

What makes you more or less qualified to discuss history of Phillippines Martial Arts?

What sources do you use to verify your claims.

Please outline your exact theory, claims. etc again here so that all may read and partake.
    Last edited by variance; 11/30/2007 12:39am at .

Banned for failing to live up to the standards he expected of others and wasting more time on calling out forum military members' credentials than he spent in his own military career.

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 12:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bulldogging

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dave Humm! Nobody Gives A **** About You OR Your Fucked Up Typing!

You Are A Chickenshit Who Challenged Me To A Fight, Then You Did Not Have The Balls To Sign A Standard Fight Contract!

You're Already Home,
    Stay There Bitch!
    Last edited by ar549; 12/02/2007 11:27pm at .

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 12:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There were two claims yes?

One breaking down FMA to spanish influence, and another reducing it to muslim/moro influence?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 12:56am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you post a link to his previous crazy claims?

Maybe he just thinks he knows what he's talking about since his extensive knowledge of trannies expands from Thailand to the Phillipines.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 1:02am

Style: Fencing, Sword play, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This could be entertaining.

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 1:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've read quite a big about the spanish influence on FMA, but am not terribly familiar with the history of the spread of islam or the fighting cultures associated with it. My understanding is that the similarities between FMA, Silat, and Krabi Krabong/MT is primarily due to this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majapahit
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast