222463 Bullies, 4543 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Banned for failing to live up to the standards he expected of others and wasting more time on calling out forum military members' credentials than he spent in his own military career.

Posted On:
    11/28/2007 8:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bulldogging

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ar549 - Discuss your FMA history theory here.

Dave Humm! Nobody Gives A **** About You OR Your Fucked Up Typing!

You Are A Chickenshit Who Challenged Me To A Fight, Then You Did Not Have The Balls To Sign A Standard Fight Contract!

You're Already Home,
    Stay There Bitch!
    Last edited by ar549; 12/02/2007 11:22pm at .

Posted On:
    11/28/2007 11:06am

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ARMA reconstructions of WMA aren't sport fencing. They don't use sport fencing footwork, and they don't use sort fencing mechanics. The fact that there were knife-fighting systems in renaissance martial arts(or in every goddamn culture in the world) has absolutely nothing to do with the efficacy of translation directly from competition fencing techniques to knife fighting techniques.......and this is from someone WHO ADVOCATES IT AS A SUPPLEMENT!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2007 11:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll agree. ARMA studies have helped me substantially in my own WMA pursuits, especially with not just sword and shield, but grappling with weapons. I think we've reached the dead horse stage, however. If you plan on using a long knife, saber would be best if you absolutely had to study fencing, but there are better arts out there.

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 2:10am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ar549
    Ah yes, fencing, there is nothing new under the sun. FMA people can cry all they want to about this and that but the reality is Steel arrived in the Philipines, it was not invented there.

Where this becomes relevant is in the written books about fencing and swordsmanship, The many books that are now available for free over the net, here is the oldest known book on fencing that was written in 1389 you can have for free,,,,,,,,

. . .

Funny thing but fencing didn't screw up Ray Floro! I guess the Cailfornia Stick and Turf Club know it all though, just ask, or dont even bother asking and people like poidog and red elvis will tell you exactly how it is, the "been there done that in the park" bad boys that they are.
    You still around, cocksucker? I figured you were too busy teaching government commandos at your compound to pay attention to this site. But as I expected, you just come in to stir up some **** with no relevant information to add. BTW, am I still a featured hero in your sad little forum? What's the membership up to over there, 7? 8? Still just you and your false IDs?

Since you made the statement, please provide us with the proof that steel did not exist in the Philippines prior to European arrival. And since you've also thrown out the "been there done that" challenge to RE and myself, could please illustrate your qualifications and expertise. IIRC, you couldn't last time, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be the same this time around.

Have a day, twat.
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 2:24am

Style: Fencing, Sword play, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PoiDog
    You still around, cocksucker? I figured you were too busy teaching government commandos at your compound to pay attention to this site. But as I expected, you just come in to stir up some **** with no relevant information to add. BTW, am I still a featured hero in your sad little forum? What's the membership up to over there, 7? 8? Still just you and your false IDs?

Since you made the statement, please provide us with the proof that steel did not exist in the Philippines prior to European arrival. And since you've also thrown out the "been there done that" challenge to RE and myself, could please illustrate your qualifications and expertise. IIRC, you couldn't last time, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be the same this time around.

Have a day, twat.
    I have two things to say:
    1. WTF? you seem to know a whole lot about this person, and I'm confused.
    2. Good point, Steel has been around for a very long time. China had steel in the 2nd century BCE, how did it not get to the phillipines until the arrival of european trade?

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 3:13am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sheol1980
    I have two things to say:
    1. WTF? you seem to know a whole lot about this person, and I'm confused.
    2. Good point, Steel has been around for a very long time. China had steel in the 2nd century BCE, how did it not get to the phillipines until the arrival of european trade?
    ar549 is a little troll who comes into bullshido every once-in-a-while, stirs up some ****, gets banned, then repeats the whole cycle. He's never provided any direct proof of his experiences or qualifications, but makes vague references to training black ops types out of his compound in Thailand, where he claims he currently resides. Basic fantasy type cybercommando troll. If you check his post history, you'll see posts of him shitting up threads and just generally being worthless.

A couple of months ago, he created his own forum where he posts his little rants unopposed. I was the topic of one or two threads...basically him trashing me. He knows he can't do it here because everyone calls him on his bullshit. I think there are something like 10 members, most of which I suspect are actually him creating false memberships. Truth be told, I'd forgotten about him until just now.

Aloha, Poi
    Last edited by poidog; 11/29/2007 3:15am at .
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Banned for failing to live up to the standards he expected of others and wasting more time on calling out forum military members' credentials than he spent in his own military career.

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 5:42am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You Are A Chickenshit Who Challenged Me To A Fight, Then You Did Not Have The Balls To Sign A Standard Fight Contract!

You're Already Home,
    Stay There Bitch!
    Last edited by ar549; 12/02/2007 11:23pm at .

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 5:45am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You're Already Home,
    Stay There Bitch!
    Last edited by ar549; 12/02/2007 11:24pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 6:59am

Style: *********

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ar549
    Wootz came from India, so did Buddhism and eventually Islam passed through which migrated into the Philippine Islands by way of Ache and if you want to say China brought it, Admiral ZhengHe was a Muslim too. The forging of steel came with the Muslims as did most of all things concerning swords and swordsmanship including the tough reputation of the Filipinos which is really the reputation earned by the Moro's who fought and later befriended the American troops in and around Mindanao. The problem lies in the fact that many of the American FMA people hate Muslims as do the later Spanish/Negrito Christians who have made the most money off FMA in America as a business. Never mind the fact that Lapu Lapu the Filipino Hero credited with killing Magellan was a Muslim nor the fact the majority of the celebrated swords were all Moro, as in Mindanao, as in created by Muslims, as in the technology came from Muslims who brought it by sea from India where there were many skilled Swordsmiths, never mind any of that since it does not further the FMA cause and is a great sore spot with many in the FMA crowd not the least of which is poidogs hero, marc denny of dog brothers.

Poi thinks being a stick kid makes him an expert on all things Filipino. Now he seems to know it all about fencing too?

You have yet to prove that the source of steel was Islamic, more importantly that knives and swords were Islamic as these existed since the Bronze and Iron ages. They well could have been Japanese or Chinese. Considering the relatively recent Islamic expansion(or conquest depending on your views) and the relatively long history of Chinese and Japanese trade in the Philipines, it seems to make more sense that the advent of steel and swords in the Philipines came that way.

Steel existed in China from 202BCE, and in India and Sri Lanka since 300BCE, they were also the creators of Wootz steel(better known as Damascus- yes it actually went from East to West). All of these countries have long histories of trading with the Philipines. Islam by comparison didn't reach India until 1258CE(hence it wasn't until the 1300's that Islam was able to Damascus Steel West to Syria and Spain) and South East Asia and the Philipines until 1526CE under the Mughal Empire.

As far as criticizing Islam you are really one to talk, considering your hate-mongering tales of cross border adventures into Cambodia.

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 9:01am

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, i'm not sure how filipino blade culture being the product of other blade cultures invalidates their fighting skill. At the end of the day, the phillipines and south africa are cultures where blade-on-blade confrontation happens regularly. Germany, italy, and spain are not. They may have been hundreds of years ago, but we don't have live lineages of those knife fighters, so it's kind of a moot point. Reconstructionists as a general rule, will have little relation to someone with experience using the blade in a live enviroment.
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast