Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 4:50am

Style: Moo Thai & Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

No Gi Grappling - Perth Australia

So, there is a small bunch of us who have organised an open mat event every Sunday afternoon in Nedlands.

This has been going on for about 2 months now and we have hired the facility for another 3 months. The facility is excellent. Obviously, the more the merrier. Is there anyone else in Perth interested in this.

At the moment we are doing pad work and then no-gi grappling. Nobody is above a white-belt (BJJ).

This came about as result of me taking a break from BJJ. I had no interest in going back to grappling with a gi and there are only a limited number of no-gi places in Perth. Most will offer it only once a week and charge you $120 a month for the privilege.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 5:04am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey bro,

Can I has address?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 6:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Check PM.

Where you training now?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 6:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    train at fitness and fight in northbridge.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 8:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How long you been there for?

You do the lot there or just the grappling?

How many people they got training there now?

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 10:05am

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    So, there is a small bunch of us who have organised an open mat event every Sunday afternoon in Nedlands.

At the moment we are doing pad work and then no-gi grappling. Nobody is above a white-belt (BJJ).
    What exactly makes you think rolling with a bunch of other white belts all the time is a good idea guaranteed to make you progress in the modern and noble art of no-gi grappling the contemporary and far more applicable version of the brazilian jiu-jitsu sport which has been haughtily trapped in its contemptible and afflictive love affair with that sorry piece of cloth which is not sacred at all etc, etc, et al

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 7:19pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Negation
    What exactly makes you think rolling with a bunch of other white belts all the time is a good idea guaranteed to make you progress in the modern and noble art of no-gi grappling the contemporary and far more applicable version of the brazilian jiu-jitsu sport which has been haughtily trapped in its contemptible and afflictive love affair with that sorry piece of cloth which is not sacred at all etc, etc, et al
    The silliness of which is magnified when you consider just how good the Perth BJJ scene is starting to get, all gi prejudice aside (of which my views have been made very clear indeed in this thread: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=54944&page=2)

Even in Melbourne we're seeing evidence of this with the guys that come over and compete in the Australian Champion's Cup and the Pan Pacifics, both of which had no-gi divisions this year.

How many Black belts have you got out there now?

Personally, I think you'd gain far more by getting some proper training, (even with one day a week of no gi) and using your no-gi group as a supplement.
    Last edited by NSLightsOut; 11/29/2007 7:23pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 7:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Negation
    I have no other option. Well I do but I'm too tight-fisted to pay $120 for one no-gi lesson a week.
    I'm looking for more experienced grapplers to come down and show us a thing or two :-)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 9:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your looking for more experienced grapplers then I'm probably not your man!

As per your PM, I've been training at fitness and fight for about 8 months now under Brian Ebersole who runs the MMA classes, and before that under Marc Oakes who is a local MMA fighter.

I also trained at Gracie Barra Cannington before that, for around 4 months, but left the school because I moved NOR, and wanted to train some wrestling and boxing aswell.

Do you know a ryan from the Mt Lawley Capoeira/BJJ school? he trains at fitness and fight sometimes, and is a cool guy.

Mondays is usually just wrestling/no-gi grappling, wednesdays is more standup orientated, and fridays is just a mix up depending on who turns up, and saturday mornings is a free rolling/sparring class.

Like I said I'm not very experienced, only a total of 12 months grappling/wrestling all up, and I actually train MMA but i'm focusing more on wrestling right now, hence my style field :)

So if you just want some guys to wrestle with I'm down for that, but I doubt I'd really be able to show you anything, as the only thing I might be qualified to teach is how to put a rashguard on, or maybe how to let someone armbar you :)

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 9:25pm

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    I have no other option. Well I do but I'm too tight-fisted to pay $120 for one no-gi lesson a week.
    I'm looking for more experienced grapplers to come down and show us a thing or two :-)
    Marcelo Garcia trains no-gi only once per week.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast