Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 11:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tang soo do, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bill Kipp is the real deal! As a former boxer, bouncer, karate Black Belt, 10 year bjj veteran, Bachelors degree in psychology, I know real. Bill Kipp has developed the science of adrenaline stress training like I have never seen in over 35 years.

I hate the pessimism that invades this site but the title does say it all for the losers that hang out here.

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 11:33pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome, to the losers circle also :) BTW I'm in Norwich, where are you out of?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2008 1:35am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recon its good training especialy for the women there who have a target to beat the crap out of, usually confidence is the one thing women are lacking in a fight and they are the most likely to be targeted, just looking at those videos I don't see how anyone would want to HIT ON :D let alone attack someone who is shouting at you like that

It's definately good, but for a guy I recon traditional arts are better, personaly I'd rather not scream at someone like that, I don't think when it's a guy on guy situation that screaming will scare them away, it will probably provoke a fight, but thats just my opinion, it felt like the girl would scare the guy away in the first video since rapist usually look for weak targets so when they see a woman with that attitude i doubt they will stay there

Posted On:
    1/18/2008 10:54am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Taking the class is well and good, I appreciate the overture but obviously my point is a little more specific. It has to do with proving categorically that traditional martial arts are inferior as stated by Kipp. For those who think skeptacism is all generated from internet tough guys, karate fucks, or whatever.... that is yet another generalization.

Again: I propose an experiment and again, my credentials are, I post with my real name dsimon is darrell simon, I have over thirty years experience as a teacher and practicioner, I have written articles in all the major martial arts mags (I know they are a joke but I was younger then haha). My sceptacism is based on challenging that statement above, I even acknowledge that this type of training is great and useful, I advocate it to the point of flat out refusing to teach self defense to women without entree into a program of this sort prior to.

My point is that some skeptacism is warranted. My sceptacism is based on the fact that people confuse training in an art with the substance of the art. Just because many traditionalists train like a bunch of babies does not mean the arts they train in lack. A woman can learn a traditional fighting art and defend herself with it if she is trained properly.

Traditional fighting arts, specifically those arts that were developed in times of combat, were designed to teach people to protect themselves and they had the situation available to do this. It is ignorant to take an art that was developed in combat conditions and dismiss it as antiquated. There are also other approaches that can teach one to defend oneself. An art like Kali that is weapons intensive is also good for women because the weapon can be a way to overcome physical limitations.

Bottom line is if somoene makes generalizations they should prove it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2008 12:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How is this realistic when the person attacked has a coach behind her telling her what to do, and a crowd of supporters cheering her on?

Posted On:
    1/18/2008 1:16pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gojuJKDdude
    How is this realistic when the person attacked has a coach behind her telling her what to do, and a crowd of supporters cheering her on?
    dsimon writes:

If I saw a pretty little girl kicking the **** out of a big bad mugger that looked like peyton Quin I would cheer a bit! :laughing4 "Come on soccar mama lay some whup ass on that Harley twerp!!"
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456