Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2003 6:27pm

Style: Defense Tactics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Body weight training

Hi, I'm new. I've been taking kickboxing for a good 2 years now. After a few months taking kick boxing I started to workout and I got good results in about 3 months. My training routine was heavy weight with low repetitions(for explosive power) I was about 145 pounds when I was doing that. Then I realized I was gaining too much muscle so I started doing light weights with high repetitions. I lost a few pounds by doing that. I just started a new routine last week with body weight exersizes. I do 160 pushups, 160 crunches, and 160 squats. I just have a question about the results, what kind of results do I get from doing that? Bye and best of luck to you all

-Wolf

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    10/29/2003 6:36pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You get some cardio benefits from doing bodyweight exercises fast but mostly its muscular endurance you get.

This is VERY important for anyone in martial arts, it doesn't matter how strong you are if you can only use that strength for the first 15 seconds.

I'm not sure why you'd worried about gaining too much muscle, unless you are trying to make a weight class to fight in the ring. Weight training for strength is also important.

You could add chin ups, dips, and reverse pushups to your bodyweight routine.

Any reason you have sets of 160 for everything ?
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Posted On:
    10/29/2003 11:47pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What FoM said......

Also try leg raises on the dip apparatus thingy....
    I just ripped up my abs Monday....
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido