Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/26/2007 5:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: not in training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ques. on strength training

Hi, I first would like to say that this website have been very helpful far as acquiring information on training. Although, I havenít posted anything on the forum, I received a message saying that I would have to post something on the forum for this message to go away. So forgive me if this question has been covered many times.

My question is, do you guys have more success developing strength far as training your muscle group twice a week appose to once a week? For example, like benching on Monday and on Friday. Personally, I have more success training each muscle group twice a week. So, Iím curious on your guysí response.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/26/2007 5:08pm

Style: Crappling (BJJ Hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I summon the spirit of Teh El Macho... And the forum search button for you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/26/2007 6:16pm

Style: Kickboxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once a week is not, in my opinion, enough to yield decent raw strength gains. Full body training is how it's done and I don't think many will argue with this idea.

As a side note, that message will reappear after a while if you don't carry on posting!

Posted On:
    11/26/2007 6:24pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacos4me
    My question is, do you guys have more success developing strength far as training your muscle group twice a week appose to once a week? For example, like benching on Monday and on Friday. Personally, I have more success training each muscle group twice a week. So, Iím curious on your guysí response.

This is a easy question to answer but I cant explain it. Many studies have been done on weight training, muscle building, and endurance work. These studies, wich I dont have time to link, all say the same thing. Working out more often is better then working out longer. IE strength training is much better to do three times a week for one hour a day, then once a week for three hours.

Like I mentioned earlier I cant explain WHY its better, and perhaps one of our resident weight trainers can chime in, but its common knowledge in the gyms that frequency of days during the week is far better then one or two long days. I myself hit every muscle group each day three days a week. I do different work outs each day, but hit all muscles each workout.

Hope this helps!

Posted On:
    11/26/2007 6:31pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come on, you know the anwer to this question.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/26/2007 10:03pm

Style: Kickboxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Van
    Like I mentioned earlier I cant explain WHY its better, and perhaps one of our resident weight trainers can chime in, but its common knowledge in the gyms that frequency of days during the week is far better then one or two long days.
    To put it into simple terms, training causes microtrauma (effectively damage to the muscle). During recovery time, this damage is repaired and your muscle(s) grow stronger as they adapt to the new stress.

Once the muscle has recovered, it can be trained again. Training while the muscle is still damaged (basically overtraining) will **** you up. However training the muscle once per week is not optimal because it simply does not take this long to recover.

That's the basic explanation I think, and I'm sure that I've missed something :) However, it's 3AM so that's my excuse :)

Posted On:
    11/26/2007 11:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: not in training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you all for the information.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2007 12:39am

Style: PLUR

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to gain strength, go to www.crossfit.com and watch the excersize demos there. You are looking for compound (full body) movements i.e. Cleans, Thrusters, Deadlifts, Squats, High Pulls, Pull ups... ect. ect. These will make you very strong very quickly.

Make sure next time you have a question, you search the forums first.

Posted On:
    11/27/2007 1:27am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by handoverfist
    If you want to gain strength, go to www.crossfit.com and watch the excersize demos there. You are looking for compound (full body) movements i.e. Cleans, Thrusters, Deadlifts, Squats, High Pulls, Pull ups... ect. ect. These will make you very strong very quickly.

Make sure next time you have a question, you search the forums first.

Crossfit for sure man. That program is no joke. No pain no gain.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    11/27/2007 12:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, I first would like to say that this website have been very helpful far as acquiring information on training. Although, I havenít posted anything on the forum, I received a message saying that I would have to post something on the forum for this message to go away. So forgive me if this question has been covered many times.

My answer to any question like this: The most effective way is the way that the routine you are following that was designed by someone who knows more than you do tells you to do. At this early in your development, quit trying to design your own personal routine, as you don't know enough to know what is effective and what isn't.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast