Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/11/2003 1:23am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AHHHHH!!!

The culmination of my injuries, therefore not being able to train to my fullest and illnesses
    has threatened my growth.

I'm feeling the repetitiveness of bulking really strongly right now. Depression and winter....
    ****, too much school crap piling up.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/11/2003 11:40am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Illness, injury, school stress, apathy?

I'd say now is the time to NOT exercise. At all. If lifting is one thing, it's a big time stressor in and of itself. I can't stand the hippie magazine bullshit which speaks of exercise as a stress reliever. If exercise isn't stressful, then it isn't exercise. Ya might be moving about in a benign or even enjoyable manner, but the value ends in your head.

Since I pulled my head outta my ass a few years ago, it's been so obvious that every single cold or sinus infection I've had was virtually 100% related to over training. Squeezing in (and finishing) that last workout when everything in my body and mind was strongly implying that I shouldn't. Or that twinge of tendonitis I figured would go away on it's own. How dare my body get in the way of my GAINS!!

There's nothing that quality, extended rest hasn't solved. And good eating.

Be well.
    Last edited by Nid; 11/11/2003 2:34pm at .

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    11/11/2003 5:32pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    quit yer whinin' and pump some iron.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2003 12:18am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your looking to get big check out this article it really good. What exercises are you doing and whats your set/rep set up? You want to make sure that your eating for gains and training for gains as well.

http://t-mag.com/html/146mass.html

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2003 12:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    T-mag is an excellent, excellent source for all your nutrition and training needs. Their routines are a bit advanced, but if you have a year or so of hardcore lifting under your belt, most of their workouts are easy to understand, plus they have some great routines for all training cycles.

Posted On:
    11/12/2003 1:37am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "If your looking to get big check out this article it really good. What exercises are you doing and whats your set/rep set up? You want to make sure that your eating for gains and training for gains as well. "
    Who are you refering to? Me? :)
    I have significant gains I am very with so far this year, I know what I'm doing.

Thanks for the article, I'm reading it now.

:)
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/12/2003 9:34am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Re: T-mag. I can't speak for diet, but training.....christ-in-a-side-car! I think bodybuilders sometimes forget that one or two people in this world DON'T juice (and aren't functionally illiterate). There's really nothing consistent there, other than the mysterious phrases they use: "This is one movement that responds well to all speeds, but don't ignore the power of the pause at the bottom."

Power of the...pause...

And according to native american legend, this is the only exercise which truly isolates the long head of the triceps. Oy!

Last edited by Nid; 11/12/2003 9:49am at .

Posted On:
    11/12/2003 10:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I feel gross."

Your breath isn't driving away friends I hope.

Posted On:
    11/12/2003 11:08am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You want big arms? move SERIOUS weight !!! Chest press, chins, dips, overhead press !!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2003 12:40am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just so there is no confusion the majority or people who read and use the articles over at T-Mag are not on steroids. Being that there are a few thousand articles on training and nutrition from many of the top athletic trainers of today I'm pretty sure you can find a workout program to help with whatever your goals are. That being said you could also read numerous articles and come up with your very own program that will work well with your training level.

The only other two that I would add to ronin69 are deadlift and squat.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast