Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/26/2007 11:16am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Matt Arroyo's blog and posts

I haven't spent much (any) time in this forum, so forgive me if this is old news. I just was looking at the nhb gear site and saw that Matt Arroyo is posting there, including pastes from his own blog.

This is the nhb gear's page: http://www.nhbgear.com/forum/index.p...tml#msg1175535 This is the link to Matt's blog. http://noregard.tv/
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/27/2007 12:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TUF 6 Episode 10 blog!!
    Posted on November 22nd, 2007 by Matt

The episode starts out showing a recap of Kolosci and Mac. John panicked in the fight and wasnt able to perform to his ability. Ive sparred with John and he’s an animal once he gets on top of you!! After his loss he was very depressed about it and began to drink with other guys who were out of the competition. He just let off some steam and had a little fun with the house, lol…The producers of the show told us that we can do what we want the house with the exception of burning it down, so we took full advantage of that privilege.

Next, Ritchie and I are expected to go to team hughes, but I personally felt that I would rather stick to the same coach that I trusted and who I had success with, and thats Serra. Also, I knew that i would possibly be fighting Mac or Tommy so I didnt want to show them anything in training that could possibly help them out against me. So Rude boy and I trained away from each other but with the same coach. I thought it worked out well.

The way they edited it, it seemed like Matt Serra was favoring me and George to win. The fact of the matter is, Serra gave both sides the opportunity to have his time and help. He told Ritchie and Rude boy that if they have any questions or anything they want to go over, he would help them. They chose not to take his help. George and I did. I also think that becasue Me, George, and Serra all come from a Jiu jitsu background maybe Rude thought that we had a conspiracy against him and Ritchie. I dont know, really, but I know that George and I took full advantage of Serra’s training and knowledge on the whole show and especially right before these fights.

Matt Serra also didnt want to Corner against one of his guys. It didnt matter if it was me, George, War, Ritchie, Or Johnnie fighting in Hughes corner. Matt Serra is not the type of guy to coach against one of his teamates and someone he likes and respects.

Next was the Bowling match. This was actually filmed a few days after the fights. They put it in this episode for one reason or another. The best thing Matt Hughes has done the whole season was get that strike to get Team Serra 3 g’s for the win, lol….Thanks Hughes!! Im no pro bowler, but I consider myself descent teacher and I was not gonna let Hughes beat serra…So i kind of coached Serra and he did real well under pressure, haha. It was Great!!

So my fight well. It fell right into my gameplan. I knew Rude was very Dangerous on his feet and as we all saw that he has knockout power. I tried striking with him, keeping my range at all times to set up the single leg takedown. I was passed his guard on the take down, which saves a lot of time in a fight. I baited the americana and he bit, so i took the armbar. He was just about out of the move and then I got my leg back around his head and finished the move. He just got caught, it can happen to anyone at anytime in any fight….I didnt like how Dana said that Rude has “NO JIU JITSU” because first of all thats not true. Paul is pretty good on the ground and couldnt submit Rude. Rude is much better in jiu jitsu when he’s on the top, with his ground and pound and passes. Also by saying what he said, I feel Dana was discrediting my Jits, ha but oh well, its all good..

Ritchie gave a lot better fight then everyone expected. I know he was worried about the takedown, but George had no problem standing with ritchie for the first couple of minutes. It looked pretty even on the feet and then George caught one of Ritchie’s kicks and then dominated the rest of the fight with a smooth guard pass and then a Kimura to finish from North south position. George is a Blackbelt in Jits and has been training for 10 years, there is no shame is losing to him and i thought Ritchie did well. Any questions about anything, let me know and i’ll get back at you..

NO REGARD!!
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez