Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2007 3:10pm

Style: BJJ, MMA,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mikey are you on myspace jiu jitsu as well? and subfighter? Internet is a small place

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    11/25/2007 3:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by madhorsebjj
    Mikey are you on myspace jiu jitsu as well? and subfighter? Internet is a small place
    yeah, but I haven't been on subfighter in a while.

Anyway does anyone have any evidence supporting this guys claim? anything at all? even word of mouth? because I've never even heard his name before...

If he is a legit black belt I would like to drop this.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2007 3:21pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's his official website: http://mma.metrohosting.info/

Sensei Perry started his martial arts career in 1990 training in Jui-Jitsu, Karate, Kick Boxing and Tae Kwon Do fighting. That was before the Ultimate Fighting Champions made Jiu-Jitsu the most sought after martial art in America starting in 1993. When Al started training in Jiu-Jitsu it was an obscure art with few practitioners. In 2000 Al created MMA Fighters and hasnít looked back since.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    11/25/2007 3:22pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Triangles
    He's managed to get under my skin.
    Don't let him do that. It's an amateur mistake and can lead to you acting like an immature ass.

There's nothing unreasonable about wanting to verify someone's rank as long as you remain professional. I'd suggest posting another respectful post on his forum. Tell him you aren't interested in being a BJJ enforcer or disrespectful, but that you care about the quality of your art and that many people out there are claiming rank in BJJ who have none so that they can bolster their school's enrollment. Inform him that simply offering up his lineage will clear the whole thing up.

Most likely, you'll have to disclose your own lineage to maintain the appearance of fairness and professionalism if you haven't done so already (I don't have time to read the links right now).

MMA Instructor

Posted On:
    11/25/2007 4:01pm

Style: Earth Dragon

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find it troubling the way they circled the wagons like they did. Something's definately not right there. Anyone who has legit lineage has no problem sharing the info. Hell, anyone who has legit lineage is proud to share it. Kick his ass if you can.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/25/2007 4:18pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree thing is it is myspace. We all know the crap that goes on in those forums.

I'm not trying to give the guy legitimacy but, his STUDENT fired this **** up. He didn't say anything until MT went to his website forum. Now, the circling of the wagons does bother me.

Now we all know how this works. Dumb student makes a challenge/Claim teacher has to act hard while covering his ass.

I would have found an email address and asked him off the net. I would have told him I'm posting the info I found but, I'd have been a little less confrontational.

Many TMAers are dicks when it comes to linage. As shitty as it may feel, you have to stroke that ego to get information.

This is coming from experience of emailing and trying to get information.

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    11/25/2007 4:39pm

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you gotta roll with one of his students first before you get to have a go at the main guy?. Any terms of the challenge laid out?

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/25/2007 4:43pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadonblade
    So you gotta roll with one of his students first before you get to have a go at the main guy?. Any terms of the challenge laid out?
    Yeah I actually had all the CMA legends pop up when I read that.

You fought the top student of the school.
    The Master watches and formulates a plan.
    You get your ass whooped.

Master wins?

That is one of the things that worries me, regardless of his legitimacy or lack there of.

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    11/25/2007 4:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    Don't let him do that. It's an amateur mistake and can lead to you acting like an immature ass.

There's nothing unreasonable about wanting to verify someone's rank as long as you remain professional. I'd suggest posting another respectful post on his forum. Tell him you aren't interested in being a BJJ enforcer or disrespectful, but that you care about the quality of your art and that many people out there are claiming rank in BJJ who have none so that they can bolster their school's enrollment. Inform him that simply offering up his lineage will clear the whole thing up.

Most likely, you'll have to disclose your own lineage to maintain the appearance of fairness and professionalism if you haven't done so already (I don't have time to read the links right now).

I already did all of that, very respectfully and professionally IMO. I didn't give him my lineage yet because he didn't ask he simply started acting like a dick and told me he would fight me if I could get through one of his students... like the bad gy from a shitty kung fu movie or something.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2007 4:58pm

Style: BJJ, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if he was legit wouldn't he respond more maturley to someone asking his credentials? i cant imagine anyone who's ever instructed me behaving like that
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast