Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 7:57pm

Style: Boxing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Incidently in the longsword, I'm pretty sure Fiore recommends destroying the elbow as a method to stop the longsworsmen.

You know just in case you get attacked by a longswordsman

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 7:59pm

Style: Sub Wrestling/boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you just hit 666 posts... were you sent here by Satan to test my knife defense faith?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 8:06pm

Style: Krav Maga/ Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Letum
    Incidently in the longsword, I'm pretty sure Fiore recommends destroying the elbow as a method to stop the longsworsmen.

You know just in case you get attacked by a longswordsman
    ummm actuly if you know as many people as i do who are sword acholics it's a real posability. And yes theres a story in there and no i'm not going into it. lets just say booze pissed of GF and lots of swords laying around oly time i can say Akido FTW.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 8:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ummm actuly if you know as many people as i do who are sword acholics it's a real posability. And yes theres a story in there and no i'm not going into it.
    if you had just said this. i would of been fine not hearing the story.

lets just say booze pissed of GF and lots of swords laying around oly time i can say Akido FTW.
    but then you said this, and now you GOTTA talk.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 8:14pm

Style: Boxing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur AMP
    you just hit 666 posts... were you sent here by Satan to test my knife defense faith?
    I considered no longer posting and making a new account...but quickly discarded the notion in a sexy manner.

I think I'm going to have to become a supporting member soon, damn my student thrifyness.

And I agree! story!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 10:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you had just said this. i would of been fine not hearing the story.

but then you said this, and now you GOTTA talk.

Quick and dirty i was an akidoka when I was 18. i got to my apartment which i shared with 4 friends even though i was sleeping across the way with my GF. we got into a fight that morning about something stupid, and then iw as gone whole day work then the dojo. Well our house was the party house. i got home poped a bud and started drinking with every one else. I steped out side for a smoke and to bs with some one out side in the PIT(the pit was a 10'x12' sand pit that we spared unarmed and with boken). Well i made some comment to a buddy about takeing the sword From him since we had practiced that in akido that day. well still pissed off GF grabed a sword(just happend to be a hand and a half) and said then take this away and swong at me. I executed the move and took away the sword. we made up and got realy drunk.

In the morning i woke up with a hang over had a thought and checked th sword she had swong. Turned out she grabed a cutting blade that we use to practice cuts against 2x2's we plant. I quite akido that day knowing the only reason i executed the take away so well was 2 reasons. first she wasn't strong enough to realy swing the sword with enough force to whip it around quicker then i was(I.E. i could have just steped in and stoped it by grabbing her hands at the hilt).secound was she didn't know how to swing a sword so she swong it like a bat telegrahing like no tommrow.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2007 3:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well at least aikido protects you from drunk girls.... that's something..... right?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2007 3:47pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey that defendo looked pretty good actually.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2007 5:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well at least aikido protects you from drunk girls.... that's something..... right?
    don't forget the makeupsex, Makeupsex is always the hottest.

By the way i petition that we change it from makeupsex to makeupfucking cause thats what we realy do is makeup fucking no sex just fucking.
    Last edited by mad_malk; 11/25/2007 5:52pm at . Reason: Secound thoughts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2007 5:54pm

Style: JJ/Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to make the writer of the page on the link below an honorary member of Bullshido.
    In fact, I wish that there were more people like him who wrote reviews on RLSD knife disarming tactics and the like.... because he makes some seriously good points...

http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com...tfighting.html

http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com...#knifefighting

in case you're wondering about my big issues with knives - I know people who have got the scars from knives. I'm not even talking about a fight either, just two guys not being as careful as they should have been in an art class.

The wound in question was small 'only' needed three stitches - it's been nearly 18 years and the scar is still there. They were both pretty stupid - stupid but dammed lucky.

Another was in a Biology dissection class many, many years ago - someone just brushed past a scalpel one guy was holding, again she needed stitches.

My issue is an obvious one, but people don't like to see it:
    A wooden or rubber knife can't be fatal with one strike. The total oposite to a real one.
    So, most of this disarming with minimum contact in a really signposted situation is just UTTER BULLS**T.
    And if you get swiped lightly with a lump of wood or rubber - how the hell is that going to be anything like getting your arm, face or whatever slashed with a knife whose sole purpose is to cut meat?
    And while I'm being honest here - yes, knives scare the **** out of me.
    That's why I have a major issue with some of the BS I'm seeing about knife defense when unarmed.
    There does seem more and more of these dodgy advice site and DVDs cropping up, worse they are getting people's money for it. Something that offends and appalls me on so many levels it isn't funny.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast