i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens! supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

top contender mma safety training gloves - same as csi, lower price?

just noticed these in the new ringside catalog, and looked them up:

http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25921
    Spoiler:

http://www.combatsports.com/detail.aspx?ID=22292
    Spoiler:

they look the same, they have the same item number (#tctg4 vs #tg4), they're from the same company (as i understand it)... is there something i'm missing, or are these the same thing but 40% cheaper (and in black)?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Materials aren't the same quality, I don't think they'd last as long as the CSI ones (I have mine over a year and not as much as a tear on them).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't have any opinions on the Top Contender model, but the the Combat Sports ones that are billed as providing the same shock absorption as a 16oz glove don't provide that level of protection by a long shot. More along the lines of the foam dipped (e.g. Century, Macho , et.al) pads.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thikn they are, Im probably gonna buy them too. I heard on another forum (sherdog I think) that CSI has a couple of gloves that are just rebranded by other brands (like this top contender might be).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While I am not positive, I believe that Ringside and Combat Sports are the same (or sister) companies. These are most likely the same glove with different OEM branding on them.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you order form either company you will receive a confirmation email from "Aaron Rice". I'm certain they are one company (maybe one bought out the other?). I believe the Top Contender gloves are advertised as having a "leather striking surface" rather than simply being advertised as leather. This may account for the price difference if the palm portion is made out of synthetic material.