Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 4:46am

Style: mozambique drill

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In June, I will graduate with a BS in Materials Engineering (yet I somehow forgot the definition of an anisotropic material). I haven't watched the episode, but I know a little about metals.

Anyways... maybe they coated the metal with poison, that would make sense. Metal's not significantly porous, it can't "absorb" poison. If they put it in during the mfg. process, the heat should destroy it, and basically just put in some more impurities into the blade.

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 9:48am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by attakmint
    Anyways... maybe they coated the metal with poison, that would make sense. Metal's not significantly porous, it can't "absorb" poison. If they put it in during the mfg. process, the heat should destroy it, and basically just put in some more impurities into the blade.
    In Burton's Book of the Sword, he has illustrations of European blades made to take poison - a series of divots or holes bored into the blade, for the poison to be loaded into.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 3:19am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by attakmint
    In June, I will graduate with a BS in Materials Engineering (yet I somehow forgot the definition of an anisotropic material). I haven't watched the episode, but I know a little about metals.

i missed that segment on HW, because i changed the channel on commercial and missed it. But i thought that WAS how they did it, just simply dip the **** in poison

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 3:42am

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleskunk
    i missed that segment on HW, because i changed the channel on commercial and missed it. But i thought that WAS how they did it, just simply dip the **** in poison
    I thought it was dip the **** in poison while its being forged/hammered. (thus the heat rendering the poison pointless).

I'll d/l the episode just to watch that one section. and report back.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789