Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/03/2007 11:10am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dont do it i was that way for 2 1/2 months and u knw how long it took me to regain everything i lost? 4 months!!! yea... moral of the story dont do it learn to cook, watch rachel ray or something...

Flyweight

Posted On:
    12/03/2007 11:19am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by asimpson2006
    Another bit advice regarding that. This is from my own experience. Make it a gradual decrease of the bad stuff. Going right off of it can be bad, you may end up falling off the wagon and eating the stuff again. What I found it just take baby steps like example if you drink 14 cans of soda in a one week period (rougly 2 cans a day) Make it that week you cut down to 10 or so, then keep cutting back until you eventually get to zero a week.
    I think that depends on the person. When I quit sodas and when I quit smoking, I did so cold-turkey. I have been off both for 4-5 years now. I find that when I don't have wiggle room for "just one more" I do a lot better.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2007 3:42pm

Style: TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Spastic
    Lean meat, fresh fruit and veg and bread and butter is pretty much all I eat.

Try buying a french stick and spreading it with salted butter. Will only cost a dollar or two (unless the tales I've heard of crap bread in America are true.)

Walk, walk and walk some more. "Of all medicines, exercise is the best and of all exercises walking is the best." The (regrettably deceased) Benjamin Franklin

Soft drink (as Australians call soda) is great for walks, so you can kill two birds with one stone. Stay away from Coke as much as possible though.
    Some recent research suggests walking is not enough to get you fit, unless you introduce some more vigorous exercise too:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5371116.stm

yes....

Posted On:
    12/03/2007 4:33pm

Style: drunken bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    don't let them fool you. there's nothing wrong with junk food.

why... in high school, i drank 100 cans of soda a week.

right up until my 3rd heart attack.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/03/2007 4:48pm

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    google "jennifer love hewitt" and look at her new pictures. that's what junk food will do for you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2007 10:52am

Style: muaythai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tyciol
    Is it the sugar that dehydrates you?
    I believe that caffeine is the primary culprit here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 7:54am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Needs More Sleighbell
    I think that depends on the person. When I quit sodas and when I quit smoking, I did so cold-turkey. I have been off both for 4-5 years now. I find that when I don't have wiggle room for "just one more" I do a lot better.
    Yea, I think it does too. My dad when he turned 40 quit smoking cold turkey and has not had a cig in 10 years and feels much better about it. Another thing I found is that if it's not in the house, apt, or where every your at, it's much easier to get to. A former co worker of mine used to drink a gallon of soda a day which at my job it's free. He got another job and there it cost money to get soda, so of course when that happened he started to ween himself off of it, I have no idea if he got off of it or not. When I had my second surgery for a problem I do not wish to talk aobut, I had a fiscal problem, so I learn to cut back and was feeling really good about it.

If the person has trouble then weening off I guess would be ok. Another thing I might suggest which helps me with things, is to write down what you wish to accomplish (a goal) and put it practially any where you can see it, so that if you get an urge you will have something to work towards. My favorite one is to write something like (Cut back soda to x amount a week, or no soda at all, and stick it in your wallet, in where your cash is, and if the front part of it, so when you open it up, it's there.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345