Why did they never try this....

Posted On:
    11/23/2007 11:43am

supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu/Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

'ACCS': The Advanced commando combat system

I spend far to much time trying to clean up MA related articles on Wikipedia, I came across this and was wondering if we had anyone here who has heard of if and if it is BS or if it has some validity to it.

The main site that some of the references come from includes letters that look vaguely authentic, hence why I figured i'd ask round.
    "This won't hurt me a bit..." - My training partner.:new_astha

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2007 12:46pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never heard of it, but I find it interesting that the page calls it : "UNARMED COMMANDO COMBAT ACADEMY" but every picture has someone with a gun.

Though they do appear to practice "reflex shooting" with a live hostage. Training doesn't get much more live than that ;).

Why did they never try this....

Posted On:
    11/26/2007 4:37am

supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu/Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Same guys more of the same stuff I've been looking over ah well
    "This won't hurt me a bit..." - My training partner.:new_astha

Posted On:
    12/27/2007 8:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shitoryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Friends, I have just registered on this forum. I am from India. I would like to comment on the above art ACCS.

This art is taught by UCCA Unarmed Commando Combat and CQB Academy, a duly registered charitable trust under Govt of India under PTA act 1950. The trust is made up of ex services high ranking army officers. It is headed by Dr. Deepak Rao, who also happens to be a CLET Certified Law Enforcement Trainer from ASLET, USA, a very reputable US LE organization keen on verifications. The secretary is Col BL Sharma, a well decorated ex paratrooper & SF.

There are real existing generals from authentic formations like corps & commands, like Gen Halgalli and Gen Asoka, who have ordered official ACCS courses over 14 years listed in Black Belt Directory along with names of qualified participants. There is a security certificate page with a endorsement from State Police Director General Shri Deshmuth who is cahirperson of State Public Service Selection.

Under Testimonials, there are scanned letters from Army Chiefs Gen JJ Singh & Gen Kapur, current Chief, during his posting as Army Commander. Also on the Testimonial page are scanned letters from US Col from MI and Leonard Holifield, Ex US Chief Instructor Combatives. The organization is a very respectable organization, who has been well covered by Indian Media like Express, Times, Asian Age news etc. The lady Dr. Seema has been featured as National woman of substance by magazines like Femina, Savvy and also by the Virginia US magazine "V".

The art seems to derive inspiration from Jeet Kune Do and is vouched for by Sifu Richard Bustillo who is Dr. Raos Teacher, on the home page. It would be easy to confirm ACCS & UCCA Academy credentials by contacting Mr. Bustillo, who is a world authority in Martial arts besides being Bruce Lees Original student.

The art ACCS is a low profile art which is not publicized much but very respected in Indian society, more so in Services fraternity. You may not find many references on net as it is a more of a low profile art. This is Indian opinion and we are proud to have such Academy in our country, which is involved in training the second largest army in the world.

Regards, Komal
    Last edited by Komal; 12/28/2007 6:21am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/15/2010 12:13pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    first of all before I get jumped. yes, thread necro. I know. I'm sorry. but i wanted to ask is this ACCS stuff worth studying then? did anyone check what komal said? is ACCS legit?