Sponsored Links Spacer Image

:)

Posted On:
    11/23/2007 10:57am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did anyone else laugh when georgie teabagged Richie just before the sub. Hightower, meet lowtower.hehe

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    11/23/2007 6:41pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I felt as though George was trying not to hurt Richie too much. He didn't realy elbow from side, and he just kept working slowly at setting up a sub. If you noticed, he also stopped right away at the tap instead of waiting for the ref. That tells me two things. #1: He doesn't panic or become desparate. #2: He won't go that easy on one of Hughe's guys.

Dagon

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 7:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I caught that. These guys are friends.

Teabagged, and then subbed from teh teabag is bad enough, without the gnp. George pretty much knew, short of a big fight ending shot...he had that one. Not that he doesn't respect him, but they both knew who that fight was most likely going to.

I enjoyed it, Hightower showed he has teh r33l balls.

A good measure of Hightower's relative noobiness would be him yelling out in pain, before he even thought to tap....I did that my first roll. When "Doomsday" put me in a lovely armbar from the guard. I went aaargh!, my elbow went *pop/crunch* a little bit, and he let go....I didn't even think to tap, just "oh god my arm".

Hightower seems eager to learn, and has the right attitude, I imagine we might see him again.
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 11/24/2007 7:28am at .

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 8:57am

supporting member
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And on a related note. The Hughes/ Serra fight is off.

That sucks.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 9:01am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got to meet arroyo last month when I was cornering one of my coaches in tampa. Really nice guy.

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 9:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyboy
    And on a related note. The Hughes/ Serra fight is off.

That sucks.
    What do you mean? please let that be a joke!

p.s. Anthony, I loved your fight with R., and will never tire of the story. He got:owneddanc

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 1:02pm

supporting member
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish it were a joke, I was looking forward to that fight. I hope they can come up with a good replacement.

Copied from sherdog...

The UFC welterweight championship will be contested for just once in 2007.

Matt Serra (Pictures), who claimed the belt with a shocking win over Georges St. Pierre (Pictures) this April, suffered herniated discs in his lower back Monday, forcing him to withdraw from his anticipated Dec. 29 title defense against former two-time 170-pound champion Matt Hughes (Pictures), the UFC announced Thursday.

Serra and Hughes, who share a healthy rivalry, are coaches on "The Ultimate Fighter 6" and would have fought in the co-main event of UFC 79 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center.

According to UFC.com, Serra, a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt under Renzo Gracie (Pictures), was injured while demonstrating a move following one of his training sessions. A subsequent MRI revealed the severity of the injury.

"This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do," Serra said in a statement on UFC.com. "I've never had a back injury before; I could hardly get off of the MRI table. There is no way I can train through this, and I'm devastated, especially because this was such an important fight. I was looking forward to fighting Matt Hughes (Pictures). All my training was going phenomenally until Monday. All I can do now is to get better and to fight again as soon as possible."

The UFC neither named an replacement for Serra, nor announce whether Hughes would remain on the card.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 3:29pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    A good measure of Hightower's relative noobiness would be him yelling out in pain, before he even thought to tap....
    I thought that too but when they did the after-fight replay from an opposite angle it looks like he does tap while he is yelling out, but it was at an angle the ref couldn't see.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12