Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 6:41pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Predicting Duff is going to kick ass at sumo (unless he gets some 400lb champion opponent)

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 10:36pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I REALLY want one of them to get KO'ed. not because they are bad guys, but because it would add a lot more credibility to the show.

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 10:37pm

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra
    If done in the United States, the episode would start with the bloody history of America and how minutemen and frontiersmen used their boxing skills to fight the British and Native Americans. They would go to a solid boxing gym and learn how to throw a cross, which they would relate to the reverse punch they learned in Japan as it showed a CG rendering of a guy getting hit in the face. Some ridiculous math would show that a cross can deliver enough force to shotgun someone's teeth through their spinal cord. At some point you'd have to do the segment about ancient barely practiced precursor to civilized sport boxing. In a secluded salle where men still practice bareknuckle boxing in a two person kata like way with very light contact sparring sometimes. And everyone sports mustaches and crazy 1800s sideburns for some reason. They demonstrate the seize and fib with CG guy punching the face as arrows and equations flash by. Then you'd head off to the police or special forces academy where cadets learn to defeat terrorists with overhands and shovel hooks. Maybe someone does some 52 blocks somewhere in the mix, and some kind of wild haymaker is demonstrated, which Bill says he likes because its so powerful and he can really put his weight into it. He demonstrates on a focus mitt and doesn't put his weight into it correctly, but it makes a loud pop and they do that camera shake with a boom sound to make it look like he hit so hard the earth shook. Chambers does a light exhibition match against a NABO champion, where they lightly fight to a draw.
    Thread won.

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 10:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moved
    Last edited by AAAhmed46; 11/24/2007 11:39pm at .

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 11:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    EDIT: Moved
    Last edited by AAAhmed46; 11/24/2007 11:38pm at .

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 11:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've found Human Weapon to be an enjoyable enough show. Best of luck to them on the second season.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2007 4:20am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra
    Jason is a better trained fighter when it comes to kickboxing, submission grappling and weapons. Bill may have the edge when it comes to the clinch, but mostly due to his size. If you ask me Jason finds pretty nice ways of telling this to Bill.
    hes trained MMA and crap before the show, which is a perfectly good reason why he shouldnt have been on the show in the first place.

for example.. i dont wanna see a football player go and "learn" rugby

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2007 9:34am

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the fights were between a real one-week newbie and a professional fighter, that would look terrible. Newbie would get slaughtered.

As far as I remember, Bill and Jason try to use the techniques they were taught. I especially remember Bill doing a reverse punch with a chambered hand against the karate guy.

Besides, usually their previous training doesn't help.

(Except in Pankration and Sambo, apparently :P)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/26/2007 6:03pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleskunk
    hes trained MMA and crap before the show, which is a perfectly good reason why he shouldnt have been on the show in the first place.

for example.. i dont wanna see a football player go and "learn" rugby
    I actually think they should have gotten someone other than Duff (or atleast a person a little more familiar with their big, meaty body) to host the show.

As for Jason, he's a bit of a showoffy douche at times (I mean, did you see the FMA episode?) but his familiarity with MMA helps the show. At least he gets the moves when they are taught to him.

Posted On:
    1/24/2008 1:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So yeah, someone gets knocked out (i think)
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234