Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2007 7:09am

Style: Injured for 1+ years

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They need to do an episode on boxing. I hate how all these shows look to the exotic. I mean that's nice, but seriously cement your credibility by not neglecting one of the most effective styles around that happens to be right in your backyard.

There's a hell of alot about regular-ass boxing that so many people (even some boxing fans) don't know about, they could definetly fill a whole episode.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    11/23/2007 11:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmiracleman
    A bare-chested Duffster wearing a sumo diaper?
    that sound you hear is Tortelli unzipping his fly

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/23/2007 12:16pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by h_sh_m
    They need to do an episode on boxing. I hate how all these shows look to the exotic. I mean that's nice, but seriously cement your credibility by not neglecting one of the most effective styles around that happens to be right in your backyard.

There's a hell of alot about regular-ass boxing that so many people (even some boxing fans) don't know about, they could definetly fill a whole episode.
    If done in the United States, the episode would start with the bloody history of America and how minutemen and frontiersmen used their boxing skills to fight the British and Native Americans. They would go to a solid boxing gym and learn how to throw a cross, which they would relate to the reverse punch they learned in Japan as it showed a CG rendering of a guy getting hit in the face. Some ridiculous math would show that a cross can deliver enough force to shotgun someone's teeth through their spinal cord. At some point you'd have to do the segment about ancient barely practiced precursor to civilized sport boxing. In a secluded salle where men still practice bareknuckle boxing in a two person kata like way with very light contact sparring sometimes. And everyone sports mustaches and crazy 1800s sideburns for some reason. They demonstrate the seize and fib with CG guy punching the face as arrows and equations flash by. Then you'd head off to the police or special forces academy where cadets learn to defeat terrorists with overhands and shovel hooks. Maybe someone does some 52 blocks somewhere in the mix, and some kind of wild haymaker is demonstrated, which Bill says he likes because its so powerful and he can really put his weight into it. He demonstrates on a focus mitt and doesn't put his weight into it correctly, but it makes a loud pop and they do that camera shake with a boom sound to make it look like he hit so hard the earth shook. Chambers does a light exhibition match against a NABO champion, where they lightly fight to a draw.

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    11/23/2007 12:29pm

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think they need a TKD/Taekkyon episode. They could also do Kendo, capoeira, maybe Internal MA, Sport Jujitsu. If they did Boxing I would hope it was set in England.

I think they already have a Ninjitsu one planned, right? After that I guess they will be scraping the barrell for ideas. Maybe they could go back and look more indepth into the differant styles of Karate and Kung Fu.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    11/23/2007 12:29pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A boxing episode should be done in England then they could go up to Ireland and watch a couple f Pikeys beat the **** out of each other bare knuckle.

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    11/23/2007 12:30pm

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    A boxing episode should be done in England then they could go up to Ireland and watch a couple f Pikeys beat the **** out of each other bare knuckle.
    They wouldn't need to go to Ireland,

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2007 12:35pm

Style: Proudly Shaolin Do.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    go to any bar and you'll get that

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    11/23/2007 1:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, what was up with the Cambodian episode? The episode was fantastic until the final match. I've seen newbie sparring sessions with more intensity and heart. If for some reason they aren't allowing/allowed to go all out, then man up and say so. Don't try and narrate that **** with a straight face.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    11/23/2007 1:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    Hell they could come down here to Augusta if they wanted to see that Pikeys and all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2007 2:09pm

Style: Five Animal KF

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since Duff played pro football, I am looking forward to him stepping up to the line of scrimmage against a sumo wrestler. He's got a lot of muscle on him.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast