Posted On:
    11/21/2007 12:05am

supporting member
     Style: Bocksing, ngBJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    He was on SVU, right?
    I dunno. You mentioned Law and Order. I assumed that it was the original show. However, write it the right way and you can fit this scene in any L&O show.

The original: Forrest Griffin is shot. His rapist background is revealed and can make or break his killer's trial.

SVU: A woman comes into SVU and reports that she was raped. Rapist happens to be Forrest Griffin. Forrest Griffin is shot upon his arrest. Investigation ensues. Shooter happens to be Forrest Griffin's coach who knows about his behaviour and wants to put a stop to this.

CI: A woman reports that she was raped. Rapist happens to be Forrest Griffin. Forrest Griffin is shot. Investigation ensues. Shooter the woman's boyfriend. Deeper investigation ensues. It turns out that this plot was hatched by the woman and a man she's having an affair with. He happens to be a fighter who could never beat Forrest Griffin.

Posted On:
    11/21/2007 12:15am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spoilers below:

He banged a girl that later ended up dead in a park. He was cleared, but the vic's dad shot him in the hall on the way out of the station. Its just a standard storyline from the world of MMA. Happens all the time.

His inclusion also proved that all actors are 5'6" and 170 lbs, cuz he looked like a giant.

Posted On:
    11/21/2007 9:06am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmiracleman
    Oh wow. No, it sounds great. Fantastic. That's exactly the kind of thing I want people to think of when they hear "MMA"... a bunch of violent thug rapists who will beat up random people on the street at the drop of a hat.

Yeah, I'm TOTALLY gonna catch that re-run.

It's not too far fetched, I just arrested a guy yesterday (he didn't show up in court for an assault charge) who claimed to be the training partner of a UFC fighter. The guy had some sort of non-UFC championship belt in his house and photos and posters and such. I would have liked to have taken a closer look but I had my hands full at the time. I do see your point as far as this setting the stereotype for how MMA artists are going to be portrayed, not good.

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    11/21/2007 9:24am

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HA! I counter Forrest the raper with Liddel the inner city youth worker (entourage)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CtW8roW_f8

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    11/21/2007 10:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
    I do see your point as far as this setting the stereotype for how MMA artists are going to be portrayed, not good.
    It really wasn't that bad. Forrest was a bad guy, so are lots of proathletes (if you've watched more than a handful of SVU's you'd get the impression that their all out to rape you).

Also the new detective talked about being an amateur fighter who had planned to quit the force to go pro (wtf? that would be like MMA actually being a real sport) before blowing out a knee. There was also considerable talk about mma fighters being the best athletes around since they have to wrestle and box.

Also, while I saw it from across the room cleaning somethign up, the fight choreography looked decent and I think Forrest was fighting Renzo. Beat the stand up, got taken down, did a reversal, some ground and pound untill the opponent turned and then RNC.

EDIT: Oh, and the new detective mentioned that it was actually called "mixed martial arts", as opposed to "ultimate fighting" or something else.
    Last edited by UpaLumpa; 11/21/2007 10:30am at .

Posted On:
    11/21/2007 10:34am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It will be interesting to see which MMA fighter first makes the leap to major motion picture stardom. Naturally Tank Abbott would have to be the frontrunner if we're talking about chick flick romances.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/21/2007 1:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kyokishinkai (sp?)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't be surprised if Forrest Griffin eventually becomes a movie star -- it would sure be a lot better than Jean-Claude, Wesley Snipes, etc. -- am still bummed we never got to see Wesley Snipes and Joe Rogan go at it. I heard it was scheduled, but at the last minute Wesley Snipes cancelled - probably a smart move on his part. Hey Forrest, next time you get interviewed, don't just hang your thumbs in your Levis - Dana White can get away with it since he owns 10% of the UFC and "can't be fired" -- you gotta get across on your talent.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    11/21/2007 5:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anybody got that "Cash Rules Everything Around Me" pic of Forrest?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4n9-SMmOE4
    Last edited by Roidie McDouchebag; 11/21/2007 5:30pm at .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12