Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2007 6:38am

Style: VT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    You realize this is what we have said repeatedly? See, most WT/VT/WC claim that they have no connection to boxing.

They then post these videos and won't admit they have take things from boxing.

No one says you can't combine and modify but, chunners. Then, they get mad when people hold them to "that isn't boxing it is the chun."
    You could be right about that- but i come from a boxing background so it's always had an influence on the way i train.

Western Boxing has had a much larger influence on Eastern Martial Arts than most martial artist realise.
    Last edited by Bear1980; 11/23/2007 6:40am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/23/2007 7:13am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear1980
    You could be right about that- but i come from a boxing background so it's always had an influence on the way i train.

Western Boxing has had a much larger influence on Eastern Martial Arts than most martial artist realise.

Interesting.

However, Most Wing Tsun does not look like boxing when used in a fighting situation.
    However people have to modify theyre WingTsun because there are many rules to consider. (which change according to the competeition-as im sure you well know)
    The above is the type of statement that gets chunners in arguments. Rules force the chun not to look like chun but, it doesn't look like boxing. That is trying to make your art more unique and distance it from boxing. There is no "could be" about it, that is exactly what happens.

Not all chunners say or do this but, many do.

:)

Posted On:
    11/23/2007 11:15am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When the Chinese signed over control of their country, after the boxer rebellion, were martial arts prohibited? I have read they were banned from all "anti-foreign" activities and groups...was this when the Chinese opera "carried the thing"?

I don't know, just asking.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567