Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/20/2007 5:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: qqwd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

what's the issue?

I've been doing bjj for about 4 months, well at least for the last month I've been training every 3 days a week. I've done so many martial arts in the last years and did very good at them (stand up arts), bjj is the most that I'm facing difficulties with for the first time maybe because of I'm used to stand up fighting. I'm pretty strong so I use a lot of my strength in the game to be honest and my defense is great but never got any submissions done that much unless for arm bars and rear choke. we spar for 20 min maybe more and after each roll, my hands gets so pumped that I can't hold any more and I get tired in no time, is it because of the weight training I'm doing or is it because of it's only 3 times a week . I think a lot about the teqneakes and think why didn't I do a submission or did better then only defending after I get out of each training and keep watching a lot of matches and teqneakes and keep thinking how to use them the next day but ofcrs I don't and get my guard passed and would get tired in no time. I'm not really sure what's my problem maybe it's the weights training that's making me get tired and pumped fast or maybe I should start swimming for conditioning since it sucks. Our gum is kind of small and not to many guys training there also the teacher is blue belt with 4 stripes that give us a new moves every time and do the same basic drill's every time. I'm planning to do a bit of judo since that gym has an old guys with lot's of black belts, it's still good for my bjj and they also have ground fighting a bit I guess!. I'm not really getting my problem might be also overtraining hmm, but would like to hear any ideas

I do weight lifting 4 to 5 days, sometimes before my bjj class starts but might change to 3 days bjj and 4 weight lifting.

Posted On:
    11/20/2007 6:14pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alablangy
    I'm pretty strong so I use a lot of my strength in the game to be honest ... my hands gets so pumped that I can't hold any more and I get tired in no time
    There's your issue.
    Last edited by Das Moose; 11/20/2007 6:14pm at . Reason: typo

Posted On:
    11/20/2007 6:22pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WOOOO WOOOOO

CHUGGA CHUGGA
    CHUGGA CHUGGA

WOOO WOOOOO

All aboard?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2007 7:09pm

Style: no gi grappling/sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do your weight lifting after bjj class, not before.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2007 2:18am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alablangy
    I've been doing bjj for about 4 months, well at least for the last month I've been training every 3 days a week. I've done so many martial arts in the last years and did very good at them (stand up arts), bjj is the most that I'm facing difficulties with for the first time maybe because of I'm used to stand up fighting. I'm pretty strong so I use a lot of my strength in the game to be honest and my defense is great but never got any submissions done that much unless for arm bars and rear choke. we spar for 20 min maybe more and after each roll, my hands gets so pumped that I can't hold any more and I get tired in no time, is it because of the weight training I'm doing or is it because of it's only 3 times a week . I think a lot about the teqneakes and think why didn't I do a submission or did better then only defending after I get out of each training and keep watching a lot of matches and teqneakes and keep thinking how to use them the next day but ofcrs I don't and get my guard passed and would get tired in no time. I'm not really sure what's my problem maybe it's the weights training that's making me get tired and pumped fast or maybe I should start swimming for conditioning since it sucks. Our gum is kind of small and not to many guys training there also the teacher is blue belt with 4 stripes that give us a new moves every time and do the same basic drill's every time. I'm planning to do a bit of judo since that gym has an old guys with lot's of black belts, it's still good for my bjj and they also have ground fighting a bit I guess!. I'm not really getting my problem might be also overtraining hmm, but would like to hear any ideas

I do weight lifting 4 to 5 days, sometimes before my bjj class starts but might change to 3 days bjj and 4 weight lifting.

:englishmo

anyways, relax. calm down, it's not a race to the finish line. don't force something that isn't there. learn when to switch grips, relax grips, and not keep every muscle completely tight 24/7. once you start relaxing, you'll feel like you can go twice as long as before no problem.

Posted On:
    11/21/2007 8:30am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you grapple like you write, try not to spaz so much and breathe a little more.