Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2007 3:50pm

Style: crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahuyuddha
    But seriously, I think I really need to look at my nutrition. I am vegetarian, and I used to be one of those strict vegan psychos. At least I gave that up a few years ago.
    You mean like this strict vegan psycho?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Lewis

Or maybe this one?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Jurek

...or the obvious....Mac Danzig

Sorry I couldn't resist. Although I know what you mean about "strict vegan psychos", I felt it necessary to point out some successful vegan athletes.

Feedback had some excellent advice in regards to simple carbs and I recommend you look into the glycemic index if you haven't already. Also +1 on the multivitamin and fatty acids.

I would definitely try to include more fresh fruits and vegetables as often as possible and weed out chips altogether.

Another thing is that it seems like you just aren't getting enough food in general. More protein also couldn't hurt. Clif bars are an easy and healthy snack and there exists a wide variety of flavors.

If you're struggling for food ideas as a vegetarian - www.vegweb.com
    www.veganchef.com

Also track down Mike Mahler's articles on being a veg athlete if you haven't already.

Best of luck to you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2007 5:05pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaii
    You mean like this strict vegan psycho?
    Point taken. What I meant by "strict vegan psycho" was, "placing more importance on the lack of eating animal products than on getting proper nutrition in my diet." On top of that, a few embarrassing situations involving being a pain in the ass guest of others who aren't vegetarian. Nowadays I am very relaxed about this, and even eat meat when I am a guest of someone who is giving me food.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaii
    If you're struggling for food ideas as a vegetarian - www.vegweb.com
    www.veganchef.com

Also track down Mike Mahler's articles on being a veg athlete if you haven't already.

Best of luck to you.
    Thank you. I will check out these sites as well (I've gotten recipes off of vegweb in the past). This is all great stuff, guys.
    Last edited by Bahuyuddha; 11/20/2007 5:25pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2007 5:23pm

Style: crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahuyuddha
    Point taken. What I meant by "strict vegan psycho" was, "placing more importance on the lack of eating animal products than on getting proper nutrition in my diet."
    Gotcha.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12