Page 1 of 2 12 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

New Cro-cop interview. 11.11.2007

Dnevnik.hr: Is CroCop back?
    Mirko: CroCop is recovered, it will take a month to begin with sparrings again, although I have a special helmet for protection. The stripes are affecting my visibility so it's not like the real thing, but the regular sparring sessions start in about a month.
    I think my next fight is going to happen in January.

You recently had a nose surgery?
    Mirko: The nose problems have nothing to do with my defeats. I had trouble breathing, my nose was broken, one side was at 30%, while the other side was blocked completely.
    It's important when you face such an intense efforts.

Is this the toughest period in your career after you left K1?

Mirko: Not only that, this is the toughest period of my entire career.

Did you think about ending your career?
    Mirko: I did think of it the night after my last defeat, but I'm not going to end my career soon. I will have 5 or 6 fights at least. Maybe even more, who can tell. Every fight could be your last one. You can suffer from a fatal injury, you can break your leg or arm. If I'll be able to fight I'll fight, it's my life and my choice and I enjoy doing it.
    I have a very strong motive, especially beacuse of number of „wise“ Internet users saying that I'm done. I will prove they were wrong.

Did you ever think about taking a year off to rest and come back stronger?
    Mirko: In my case that would be a very long break. Of course, I would train a lot still if it would happen. Sometime you have to end your career, in a year, 3 or 5 years, or even 10 years - look at Randy Couture, he was the champion at 44. I will always train hard, but long breaks like that are not for me.

Are you in touch with Dana White and how does he feel about your defeats?
    Mirko: We keep in touch, but you'll have to ask him about that.

So, your nose is recovering well, you are wearing a special helmet. Your return is set for January due to a medical reasons?
    Mirko: Yes, because of the surgery I'm not allowed to fight sooner. My nose is not fully recovered and I still have stiches in it.

Are there any rumors about your next opponent?
    Mirko: None that I'm aware of.

Who you would like to fight next? Someone with a big reputation or?
    Mirko: It's up to the UFC's management. I will fight anyone who they put me against. I have never turned down any opponent.

Anything left to say?
    Mirko: I'll be back (smiling).

http://www.mirko-crocop.com/?id=4&solo=80
    Mirko Filipovic has the video interview at the site as well.

Hope to see him back soon, and in better form!
    Last edited by PizDoff; 11/18/2007 2:16pm at . Reason: waaah formatting
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Such a badass.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't see it happening, but I really hope he makes a comeback.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Always have faith in Cro-Cop
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I found amazing was this quote from the previous interview at the above site:

I want to gain more weight, from 100 to 105 kgs. In fights against Gonzaga and Kongo I realized that I need more power when fighting heavier opponents. I was spending too much power in clinching and ground game.
    ... so much for the idea that he was going to cut to a weight class where he wouldn't be smaller than everyone else. I admire his way of thinking about this, but I don't know that it's the best approach.
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jackrusher
    What I found amazing was this quote from the previous interview at the above site:

... so much for the idea that he was going to cut to a weight class where he wouldn't be smaller than everyone else. I admire his way of thinking about this, but I don't know that it's the best approach.
    That's a shame. You'd think his fight with Wanderlei Silva would have taught him the risks in gaining weight to fight bigger opponents.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    love the dig at forum users!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I was kinda hoping that Mirko would drop down to light heavyweight. Cro Cop vs. Rampage? Yes, please.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess Crocop really doesn't like cutting weight. Doesn't he walk around at 100kg?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm hoping to see a huge comeback from CroCop. He was very timid in his last fight against Kongo.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last