Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2007 12:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tai Chi gymkata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Diary of Tae Kwon Do Ricky!

I started Tae Kwon Do today! Tae Kwon Do means the way of the hand and foot. I bought my dobak, which is Korean for Gi, which is Japanese for Uniform. My first lesson was a proper stance. The assistant instructor, Master Randy, was swift to show me that keeping my rear hand up near my cheek is a big mistake! I quickly learned to keep my rear hand chamber at the ready so I can deliver a devastating reverse punch.
    Master Randy is a real task master and even though he’s only 15 and I’m 17, I know to show him a respect. He’s a fifth degree under our head instructor and champion at local tournaments.
    When I got home, my little brother wanted to test my skills, but I told him it was too dangerous. One powerful round kick would put my brother unconscious. I told him he could join but he says it would interfere with his wrestling practice. I just rolled my eyes and tried to explain to him just how useless wrestling was against Tae Kwon Do. But, he doesn’t listen, oh well it’s his loss.
    At my next class, Master Carl, our head instructor is going to start teaching me my first hyung and he said if I do real well he would teach me a defense against a knife thrust. Imagine me Ricky Turner, kicking a knife from some mugger’s hand just like Chuck Norris!
    Man, I can’t wait!
    Well, that’s it for today!
    Peace, Honor, Tae Kwon Do!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2007 12:13pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    has potential..........

i'll keep reading

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2007 12:13pm

Style: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's not have a spamming of these "diary" type stories unless they are good, please.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2007 12:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tai Chi gymkata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's not have a spamming of these "diary" type stories unless they are good, please.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2007 12:56pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nobleidea
    I started Tae Kwon Do today! Tae Kwon Do means the way of the hand and foot. I bought my dobak, which is Korean for Gi, which is Japanese for Uniform. My first lesson was a proper stance. The assistant instructor, Master Randy, was swift to show me that keeping my rear hand up near my cheek is a big mistake! I quickly learned to keep my rear hand chamber at the ready so I can deliver a devastating reverse punch.
    Master Randy is a real task master and even though heís only 15 and Iím 17, I know to show him a respect. Heís a fifth degree under our head instructor and champion at local tournaments.
    When I got home, my little brother wanted to test my skills, but I told him it was too dangerous. One powerful round kick would put my brother unconscious. I told him he could join but he says it would interfere with his wrestling practice. I just rolled my eyes and tried to explain to him just how useless wrestling was against Tae Kwon Do. But, he doesnít listen, oh well itís his loss.
    At my next class, Master Carl, our head instructor is going to start teaching me my first hyung and he said if I do real well he would teach me a defense against a knife thrust. Imagine me Ricky Turner, kicking a knife from some muggerís hand just like Chuck Norris!
    Man, I canít wait!
    Well, thatís it for today!
    Peace, Honor, Tae Kwon Do!
    Find a new school. Why? I thought you'd never ask:

1. A fifteen year old holds the rank of fifth degree black belt.

2. You (even though having recently started taking classes) developed a false sense of security. You assume that wrestling is nothing against Taekwondo, but I beg to differ. However, I'm not underminding Taekwondo in any way, but assuming that Taekwondo will help you in a grappling situation is nothing more than wishful thinking. Unless by some chance your instructors know grappling, I wouldn't spout your assumption as fact if I were you.

3. "Master Carl" told you that if you do really well in class, he's going to teach you how to defend against a knife. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what's wrong with that, though I'm not calling you stupid, I'm just saying that it's pretty obvious as to what's wrong with that statement. Think... He's going to reward you for doing well in class by teaching you how to defend against a knife.

Just for the record, what's the name of this school that you started attending?

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    11/17/2007 1:13pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaFighta
    Find a new school. Why? I thought you'd never ask:

1. A fifteen year old holds the rank of fifth degree black belt.

2. You (even though having recently started taking classes) developed a false sense of security. You assume that wrestling is nothing against Taekwondo, but I beg to differ. However, I'm not underminding Taekwondo in any way, but assuming that Taekwondo will help you in a grappling situation is nothing more than wishful thinking. Unless by some chance your instructors know grappling, I wouldn't spout your assumption as fact if I were you.

3. "Master Carl" told you that if you do really well in class, he's going to teach you how to defend against a knife. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what's wrong with that, though I'm not calling you stupid, I'm just saying that it's pretty obvious as to what's wrong with that statement. Think... He's going to reward you for doing well in class by teaching you how to defend against a knife.

Just for the record, what's the name of this school that you started attending?
    Uh, You do understand that this is a work of fiction, right?

Posted On:
    11/17/2007 1:19pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NO no It's real! let's hear some more.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2007 1:20pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    Uh, You do understand that this is a work of fiction, right?
    Really? Well... that was a waste of time them. I couldn't tell, so either I'm blind or just stupid, or maybe both.

Posted On:
    11/17/2007 1:28pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Master Carl forgives you!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2007 2:08pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: former Kempo(Villari's)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keep it up, it certainly has potential. I wish it was slightly longer though with more information about our main character. What kind of guy is he? How did he get into TKD and why did he choose it over other styles? Was it those flashy jumping spinning kicks that won him over?
    I can't wait to see what happens when our TKD hero finally goes against his wrestler brother (that is, if he ever does and doesnt continue to think his TKD skills are far too dangerous). I hope it is just as painfully hilarious as my own experience as a kid when I tried to bring my krotty skills against a kid who did wrestling. I've also been there too, learning to defend against a person with a knife with a crescent kick :cry:
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast