Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2007 7:24pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just find it hard to believe that an entire continent that cannot seem to manage itself could actually manage to create and record a martial art.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 5:43am

Style: Muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkonis
    I just find it hard to believe that an entire continent that cannot seem to manage itself could actually manage to create and record a martial art.
    Has there ever been a continent that were able to manage itself?

There were kingdoms in ss africa that was stronger then it's european counterparts in the same age.

Mali
    Ghana
    Songhai (songhay)

The forest kingdoms:
    Akan states
    The Asante empire
    Dahomey
    Yoruba
    Oyo
    Benin

These empires where large and needed armies of hundreds of thousands of men to protect their borders, expand, take care of domestic troubles.
    That they had military means that they had some sort of systemized training.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 7:44am

supporting member
     Style: Tae-Ninjitsu Mu Sool

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    alot of people are only familiar with Africa from what they see on CNN an those feed the hungry commercials.

they think that ALL of Africa is a backwards country. and that everywhere has Aids an everyone is poor and live in thatched huts. this perception usually comes from ignorant

and prejudiced people.

theres modern towns an cities that look somewhat like new york. the African side of my family who is Gambian and Senegalese come from Suburban nieghborhoods in Gambia where they even have maids taking care of the house. alot of African cities have the same modern

schools, job occupations and amenities as other countries such as America and Europe.

as far as business, America is Nigeria's largest importer of oil, Nigeria supplies 20% of the world's petroleum and natural gas. along with Algeria and Libya

South Africa an Zimbabwe produce almost half of the world's gold. Africa contributes 70 percent of the world's coacoa supply and the USA imports 30 to 60% of key products.

now theres some countries on the continent that are going through some serious **** but that dont mean the whole continent is fucked up like the media tries to portray or that they are not capaple of making other accomplishments........such as Martial arts

just about every culture has some form or system of hand to hand combat

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 9:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi_Osiris
    alot of people are only familiar with Africa from what they see on CNN an those feed the hungry commercials.

they think that ALL of Africa is a backwards country. and that everywhere has Aids an everyone is poor and live in thatched huts. this perception usually comes from ignorant

and prejudiced people.

theres modern towns an cities that look somewhat like new york. the African side of my family who is Gambian and Senegalese come from Suburban nieghborhoods in Gambia where they even have maids taking care of the house. alot of African cities have the same modern

schools, job occupations and amenities as other countries such as America and Europe.

as far as business, America is Nigeria's largest importer of oil, Nigeria supplies 20% of the world's petroleum and natural gas. along with Algeria and Libya

South Africa an Zimbabwe produce almost half of the world's gold. Africa contributes 70 percent of the world's coacoa supply and the USA imports 30 to 60% of key products.

now theres some countries on the continent that are going through some serious **** but that dont mean the whole continent is fucked up like the media tries to portray or that they are not capaple of making other accomplishments........such as Martial arts

just about every culture has some form or system of hand to hand combat

I agree with much of what you said and please do not confuse me with someone of predjudiced charactor as it is not in my nature.

My outrage with Africa is its continues inhuman violations against its own people buy those with power.

Anyone steps in to help, they MANIPULATE that as well. Have you been to Africa Osiris ? I have, Kenya, back in the 80's.

My unit supplied the security detail for the humantarian workers who were putting in a expediant water purification unit so they could have disease free water.

Once finished, everything seemed cool. One week goes by and the 'rebels who supposedly are fighting for there people, blow up there peoples brand new disease free water purification system and kill have the folks that helped run it.

And yes they have old gold and diamonds. And behind that is White and Warlords while the people who work the mines die from injury and illness because those controlling things will not take a little of there profits and provide adequate medical and nutritional services.

To buy anything out of Africa, well dont you wonder were the money goes ? Peace
    Last edited by Sharkonis; 11/24/2007 9:50am at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 11:08am

supporting member
     Style: Tae-Ninjitsu Mu Sool

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i see what u saying. unfortunately i havent been able to go to west africa where my fam is from yet.

but i was in Djibouti and Ethiopia on deployment back in the navy days. we helped train with thier army and did some counter intelligence against the piracy an terrorists.

for the corrupted and self serving greedy ones....i guess the money lines thier pockets

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 8:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkonis
    African civilizations have produced a large number and variety of MAs and many are still actively practised today.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 9:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi_Osiris
    i see what u saying. unfortunately i havent been able to go to west africa where my fam is from yet.

but i was in Djibouti and Ethiopia on deployment back in the navy days. we helped train with thier army and did some counter intelligence against the piracy an terrorists.

for the corrupted and self serving greedy ones....i guess the money lines thier pockets
    Yea man, I hear ya. Its a shame that the continent were man came from thousands of years ago, has to have the most unrest of any nation.

Btw: Thank You for serving, from your attitude I would say you did it well.

Sharkonis

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/25/2007 5:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Musangwe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387
    Did you guys attend the gathering in Detroit? One of my buddies went and really liked it. This was like two months ago.
    Unfortunately we did not attend the gathering in Detroiit, but we are aware of it.We travell all over Africa learjng little known African martial systems, which takes up most of our time.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/25/2007 5:57am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Why are knees, elbows, headbutts, and punches used in Musangwe, but not kicks?
    Traditionally in ancient Musangwe and other Bantu martial systems kicks were and are still used, but over centuries because the kicks used were leathal, the Venda tribe outlawed them in the Musangwe fights.Some Venda still practise a combat grappling system called Simbe, similar to Jujitsu but purely African.

Infact the mother art in Central Africa from which Musangwe came from still utilises kicks and sweeps in combat to this day, in addition to knees headbutts, punches and sophisticated combat grappling.

Mukhanda International

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/25/2007 6:00am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Nist
    You know what would be awesome?
    Videos!!!
    Videos will be available for those that want it.

Mukhanda International
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast