232398 Bullies, 4073 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I am a moocher who cheats Bullshido out of much needed funds.

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 3:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

2 a day workouts & recovery thoughts

Looking for opinions for improving my recovery between workouts. I have been working out twice a day since June and towards the end of the week I am easily gassed during my second workout. My muscles will be fine just that my energy will be low.

At first I thought it was because I was trying to lose weight. Now I am not trying to lose weight and increased my protein intake, and calorie intake, and started taking vitamins regularly. All that did improve how I felt at my second workout but I am still a bit tired on Fridays and Thursdays.

Any suggestions?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 3:56pm

Style: Crappling (BJJ Hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, maybe your energy is low because... You worked out earlier? I am not a big working out expert, Teh El Macho would be the guy to ask about this.

Maybe make sure you are taking enough vitamin C and glutamine? Maybe throw in some creatine for faster recovery. Iono though, more people with better gym XP than me will be along shortly.

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 4:14pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks for your thoughts...

- as far as vitamins I meet or exceed my RDA on all of them
    - protein I am taking .4 to .5 grams per pound now... thats always done well for me when I ramp up my workouts.
    - I am taking creatine
    - Calories: I am eating ~ 2500 to 3000 a day. I am not on a "diet" though, I just don't eat crap (sugar/fast food/etc) to often.

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 4:16pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the one thing that does help is a nap... but they won't let me do that at work.. damn nazi bastards!

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 6:26pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how many hours do you sleep at night?
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 8:05pm

Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    how many hours do you sleep at night?
    This is what my problem was for along time. Adding an hour or 2 to how much sleep you get at night might help.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2007 1:29am

Style: PLUR

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How many meals are you eating a day? What kind of food? Also, if you aren't drinking enough water, you're gonna feel it by the end of the week.
    Last edited by handoverfist; 11/19/2007 3:29am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2007 4:07am

Style: Wrestling, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you give us some insight into your training week. Two a day workouts, everyday seems quite excessive and it seems as if you could very well be overtraining. This may not be the case but a look at your schedule will help resolve the issue.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/19/2007 8:48am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sleep, shitloads of vitamin C throughout the day (with 500mg 1 hour before working out) and 10g to 20g of glutamine a day (preferably 5 to 10g right after a workout). So far, that's been my baseline for recovery. A person can miss these things a day or two, but if he doesn't have these (in particular sleep) on a regular basis, recovery goes down the toilet.

Echoing what Raining_Blood said, can you give us a glimpse of your weekly workouts? And what are your goals? And what are you eating (down to the last cup of coffee)? Without these, we are more blind than a bat at noon.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris