Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 7:31pm

Style: Mei Hua Chuan/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bei Shaolin Honan Meihuazhuang

The school of Northern Shaolin Plum Blossom teaches a variety of styles/techniques, but puts an emphasis on simple, practical skills and techniques, trains it's members how to fight or defend themselves and how to think and behave in certain situations. We work extensive Iron conditioning techniques to toughen the body to aid in the resistance of injury and to toughen it as a weapon.

We teach Honan Tieh Lohan, Tai Tzu Chang Chuan, Bei Shaolin, Meihuazhuang, Bok Mei, 5 Animals, 5 Family, 8 Drunken Immortals, 18 Weapons.

As CMA schools go I have not found one yet that compares to the knowledge of the instructors or skills of the style. Bei Shaolin Meihuazhuang is a rare but very effective style of martial arts. It's Master Instructor has 40 years experience in the art and it's Instructors have 15 and 12 years in this style.
    Last edited by Mei Hua; 2/26/2007 7:33pm at .

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 2:31pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What part of this picture is practical or simple?

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 2:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Photos taken for the sake of photos do not a school make, if you had any intelligence, you'd understand that.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 2:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why have you given it 10 for aliveness when your school doesn't compete ?

Why have you given it 10 for striking ? do your people regularly **** up boxers or Muay Thai practitioners ?
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 2:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    Why have you given it 10 for aliveness when your school doesn't compete ?

Why have you given it 10 for striking ? do your people regularly **** up boxers or Muay Thai practitioners ?
    We do not have a fight team, but we do compete, we spar full contact on a regular basis, all drills are done against a resistang opponent who is trying at the time to strike back.

We do spar/fight other styles and have done well, I also train MMA/BJJ and what we do in this school equalls anything taught in any other MMA type school.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 11:15am

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Lineage

You claim that your school teaches bak mei? You spelled it wrong, by the way.
    Lineage please?
    Last edited by OZZ; 4/11/2007 11:21am at .
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 1:27am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To cullion: Aliveness is not if you compete in tourneys or not. It is if you practice with resisting opponents, not just rag dolls.
    To OZZ: Romanization makes spelling in foreign languages tough. There are many variations.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 2:01am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by McMurf
    To cullion: Aliveness is not if you compete in tourneys or not. It is if you practice with resisting opponents, not just rag dolls.
    To OZZ: Romanization makes spelling in foreign languages tough. There are many variations.
    This is Bullshido's criteria for the grading scale. So yes, in this instance, 10 means you also compete.

Why did they never try this....

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 11:41am

supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu/Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Saw the wiki article on this & thought I would have a look here to see if it had been flagged this reads like an advert.
    p.s. Even if an individual dosen't compete, someone @ the school should or how dose anyone know what aliveness is? For a 10 the Majority of people should compete (fc) at least at an inter club level.
    "This won't hurt me a bit..." - My training partner.:new_astha

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 12:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate1481
    Saw the wiki article on this & thought I would have a look here to see if it had been flagged this reads like an advert.
    p.s. Even if an individual dosen't compete, someone @ the school should or how dose anyone know what aliveness is? For a 10 the Majority of people should compete (fc) at least at an inter club level.
    actually a "10" in striking instruction would indicate that the school is producing fighters that are able to compete at the top level of international competition. for standup styles this would include K1 or at the very least, for a CMA school, that would mean that you are sending people to the finals in king of sanda in china, and that they are placing in the top 3.

an "8" or "9" would indicate that you are producing champions at the local and regional level (sanda, or lei tai)

before we judge the "aliveness" rating, i would like to hear a detailed description of how they do alive drilling, and how they progressively increase resistance. saying that techniques are worked against a resisting opponent is a good start, but it doesn't support an aliveness rating of "10"
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast